We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions

Bhusawal, India
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Need suggestions

I want to book a hotel in Kathmandu in which location should we book? How many days will it take to see main spots of Kathmandu? Please give me suggestions.

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
24 posts
1. Re: Need suggestions

It would largely depend on your interest, your preference. Are you for nature, culture or religion? Do you prefer hikes or rides? And how many days and what amount of money can you spare.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g3374769…

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15,279 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: Need suggestions

Hi

Thamel is the main tourist hub with lots of hotels.

This article has suggestions for a short trip:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-c…

scoodly

Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Need suggestions

Thamel is a very good place to stay

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Need suggestions

Thamel is the ideal place to stay. 6-7 days are enough to explore the main places here. You can do the culture and natural tours covering Kathmandu valley, Pokhara and Chitwan.

Gandhinagar...
7 posts
5. Re: Need suggestions

Thamel is good for Hotel.You would get in your Budget.1/2 days are sufficient for Kathmandu. Don't miss to watch Mt Everest from Flight which you can book from Hotel you stay.It would cost INR 7500/- per person.Also don't miss to visit Pokhara.

Kathmandu Valley...
Level Contributor
232 posts
1 review
6. Re: Need suggestions

Thamel is a nice place. You can find any hotels of any categories.

2 posts
7. Re: Need suggestions

Thamel is the place to stay since it's walking distance away from most the tourist attractions. There are many hotels around there however I've always stayed at the Hotel Excelsior Nepal. It's become sort of a tradition now. It is a very affordable place and has a beautiful rooftop restaurant with a lovely view.

Reply to: Need suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted