We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good paediatrician near Boudha ?

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
A good paediatrician near Boudha ?

We just came back from the worst paediatrician experience here in Chabahil :

You do not take your child to a doctor expecting that the Doctor questions your motherhood, wants to charge double because the father happens to be a foreign national, speaks to you in the most patronising and condescending manner and questions/ insults your ability as mother for not noticing the tiny rashes on his feet and not being able to settle him in distress ( when the child is unwell) . I STRONGLY advise that this Doctor be avoided : Dr Narayan Bahadur Basnet, Chabahil. Absolutely HORRENDOUS experience.

If you have any suggestions of a good Doctor who is kind to kids and parents alike. Please recommend.

9 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15,251 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: A good paediatrician near Boudha ?

Hi BhumiG

I hope your child is OK.

I feel your pain at being charged double bu as a foreign national, it's something I am accustomed to. Ke garne.

scoodly

2. Re: A good paediatrician near Boudha ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline protecting the personal privacy of our users. We will remove messages that include real names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, Instant Messenger handles and nicknames that are provided without permission from that user.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2018, 15:14

3. Re: A good paediatrician near Boudha ?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline protecting the personal privacy of our users. We will remove messages that include real names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, Instant Messenger handles and nicknames that are provided without permission from that user.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2018, 22:10

4. Re: A good paediatrician near Boudha ?

Removed on: 16 November 2018, 22:11

5. Re: A good paediatrician near Boudha ?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

Removed on: 13 November 2018, 19:57

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15,251 posts
56 reviews
6. Re: A good paediatrician near Boudha ?

Narayan - linking to your clinic is against TA guidelines; it is considered self promotion.

scoodly

Kathmandu, Nepal
2 posts
7. Re: A good paediatrician near Boudha ?

I am surprised to read the posted information. 18-months old child brought to my chamber by a mother who was already in foul mood. She entered the examination room shouting and screaming and refused to give a detail history about the illness, I requested her to provide the details of the illness, feeding and the couples’ time for parenting. Suddenly, she lost her temper and refused her child to be examined. Her quiet foreign husband - ? French, was trying to play with the kid. The furious mother decided not to be examined in the clinic. I was surprised to observe the motherhood of an educated-looking women and suggested her to do her/their best. She asked her husband to leave the chamber and they left the room disturbing clinic environment. My staff pay back the consultation fee (NCR 500.). I continued my job! I read the fabricated information in the forum. I thought it was my responsibility to respond about the truth. In my long years of experience I have not seen such a busy mother! Detail history, thorough examination, proper counseling and parental genuine concerns are fundamentals in managing sick children anywhere in the globe! Many times, ‘the eyes do not see what the mind does not know’!

Dr. Narayan Bahadur Basnet

Queensland
Level Contributor
72 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: A good paediatrician near Boudha ?

Dear Dr. Narayan Bahadur Basnet,

Please understand that a distraught mother in any culture may not be of sound mind and/or attitude. As a Doctor your emotions toward the parents should not come into the equation.

Otherwise:

I have quite a bit of experience with the Doctors and Staff at Mediciti ( www.nepalmediciti.com ) and Nepal Cancer Hospital and Research Center ( www.nch.com.np ) have been absolutely great with better facilities than most hospitals and western countries. Both are Rs500-600 by taxi from Thamel, but well worth the 30-40 minute drive.

Kathmandu, Nepal
2 posts
9. Re: A good paediatrician near Boudha ?

Dear Mike M, and ALL,

Thank you for sharing.

I have explained the facts already. Rest up to the readers!

Reply to: A good paediatrician near Boudha ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted