We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling to pokhara mide June?

Dubai
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
traveling to pokhara mide June?

what are the best times to visit Kathmandu and Pokhara... I was thinking of going Mid June of this year?

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,953 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: traveling to pokhara mide June?

Hi

I answered a similar question on this recent topic:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293…

As said there, June is not a bad time to visit, not as bad as often stated about the early monsoon in my opinion. That said, there are better months, ones without as much chance of rain and clearer skies. Given the choice, I would visit in the winter months because of a better chance of clear skies (including low humidity for sharper mountain views), drier weather and fewer visitors than the peak months in spring and autumn (March/April and October/November).

scoodly

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: traveling to pokhara mide June?

Hi Mattlbrown,

Welcome to Nepal in advance. Like sir Scoodly said earlier, Spring and Autumn months are the best times to visit Kathmandu and Pokhara. But still, one can never be sure that some months might have different weather than expected. If you are coming this mid June, you might be able to see the good view of the Himalayas since it's raining 3/4 days a week. As we all know, the next morning after the rainy night usually offers a good sunrise view and the clear view of the snow capped peaks. Still, all the best.

Gokarna, Nature Lovers Treks

Reply to: traveling to pokhara mide June?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted