We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KTM airport - Visa on arrival - TOTALLY confused

Illinois
Level Contributor
147 posts
23 reviews
KTM airport - Visa on arrival - TOTALLY confused

Hi,

Last time when we were in KTM, we flew from Delhi and received 15 day visa on arrival for $25. It was a great seamless process. We went to the kiosks, filled online application form, looked into the camera that took our pictures and we took the receipt alongwith $$$ to get the visa. SUPER simple.

Now I am reading on this forum that some are suggesting that we carry some pictures with us. That is kind of pain in the neck and I wonder if we really need to carry some pictures from the US with us or not.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

13 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
11. Re: KTM airport - Visa on arrival - TOTALLY confused

No. Kiosks are active & online. At least they were 3 days ago and we're still here.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
12. Re: KTM airport - Visa on arrival - TOTALLY confused

I didn't need photos this week coming in. You will need photos for trekking visa's, getting a phone card and possibly others. I got 5 photos for 200 Rupee and took 2 mins when I got my NCELL Sim card. There are many places around Thamel to get it done. Just make sure you have a name of a hotel and address. They don't seem to care too much.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
13. Re: KTM airport - Visa on arrival - TOTALLY confused

The visa on arrival machines have a camera on them and takes a digital photo for immigration.

Reply to: KTM airport - Visa on arrival - TOTALLY confused
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted