We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India to nepal overland

Kuala Lumpur, Kuala...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
India to nepal overland

Hi

now i am in India , i am thinking to go to Nepal after one week ,

i want to ask about the road between border Sunauli and

Pokhara

is it safe or danger right now ?

also it is good idea to go to pokhara ?

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,198 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: India to nepal overland

Hi

I have read that the roads from Pokhara have not been badly affected by the earthquakes and traffic is flowing as normal. Whether that is safe is another question. Similarly Pokhara does not seem to be affected so no reason not to visit.

Hopefully somebody on the ground will post.

scoodly

Level Contributor
396 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: India to nepal overland

Hi,

At the moment there is no problem to enter Nepal from Sonauli and continue to Pokhara. The road is ok and the traffic is flowing. I would suggest you to take the road via Narayangadh - Mugling and not the one via Palpa. This road is much better.

3. Re: India to nepal overland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2016, 10:46