We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Weather Conditions

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Recent Weather Conditions

We are heading off on our (hopefully!) Chukung, EBC, Gokyo trek on 7th April.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the current conditions? I noticed reports of lots if snow at the start of March and it seems forecast for plenty of rain up to Namche altitude for the next week.

Everest Scenic Flight
7 Reviews
from US$ 210.00*
Free Cancellation
Everest base camp helicopter tour
from US$ 1,650.00*
Free Cancellation
Nepal Heritage Tour
from US$ 1,200.00*
Free Cancellation
Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
16 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Weather Conditions

Anyone heard of the recent trekking conditions?

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,542 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Weather Conditions

Getting up to date weather reports and trekking conditions is always problematic – The “Best Advice” I can offer is to monitor the Everest Webcam http://evk2.isac.cnr.it/ - I have looked at it a few times in the last week and it appears that the snow is slowly melting – The problem is that no one knows whether there will be another big dump before you get up there

Hope for the Best, but Prepare for the worst is about the bets you can do

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

My Nepal Blog members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Recent Weather Conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2016, 09:46