We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trekking only for 45 days

Truro, United...
1 post
1 review
Trekking only for 45 days

Hi there,

I am 18 travelling alone and absolutely love trekking and want to spend around 45 days just doing as much as I can. I want to see as much as I can and don't want to use any companies as I am looking to do it all on a tight budget! I have looked at doing the EBC and have seen a lot of people talking about crowds and it becoming quite busy and I would rather do quieter routes although the idea of doing it still sounds amazing. I am travelling there beginning of october to the middle of november starting and ending in Kathmandu. I was also considering possibly doing the whole 45 days on foot without flying anywhere as with big international flights i wouldn't want to risk missing one due to any delays. I have experience trekking in the Andes in Peru but haven't had any proper climbing experience in the snow.

I would be really appreciative of any suggestions or comments as to what i could do/which routes to pick

Cheers

Jack

Espoo
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
1. Re: Trekking only for 45 days

If you have to be on budget, you should consider only the permit free areas. I suggest going first to AC, that takes around 16 days now, 18 days including transport to trailhead and back to Kathmandu. After a one day breather fly to Lukla (180 bucks or so) and hike to Gokyo & EBC and then back to Shivalaya and bus to Kathmandu. That should take 22 days at most. That leaves 5 days for cushion and Kathmandu valley sightseeing.

Other possibility is to meander in Khumbu region for the whole time, there are plenty of side trips possible. In -85 I spent 42 days hiking in from Jiri and back, including Mera via Amphu Labtsa and Zatrwa La. That would be bit more difficult for a lone first timer though, as if you step out of the popular trekking routes people will not speak any English.

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Trekking only for 45 days

suggest it is very irresponsible to go alone

go for less time if you can't afford it

it wont be cheap or fun if you are dead

France
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
79 reviews
3. Re: Trekking only for 45 days

Hello,

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Nepal!

45 days trekking on a single trip? Must be a trek lover. Try doing three popular routes of Nepal, Everest Base Camp or probably including Chola and Gokyo, Annapurna Circuit and Langtang Cricuit. You will have totally different experiences in each region and it will also fit your time.

Good Luck!

#PS: Itineraries are available on top right side of this page.

Edited: 11 June 2014, 08:45
Espoo
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
4. Re: Trekking only for 45 days

Trying to fit EBC, Langtang and AC into 45 days is not possible without flying twice. Costs money and brings timing risks (cheek the original post).

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,249 posts
400 reviews
5. Re: Trekking only for 45 days

Yes you can do 45 days of trekking in only one trek in the Everest area. You can start in Jiri, go to Khumbu, expolore all of the side valleys (including the Mera Peak BC, for instance) and then trek to Tumlingtar. Additional possible detours include Pikey Peak, Numbur Cheese Circuit and Dudh Kund on the Jiri Lukla leg but then you need camping gear.

You will be in the crowds for the section above Lukla but in quiet areas for the rest.

I have personally trekked for 39 days on this route.

6. Re: Trekking only for 45 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 10:45