We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to split 6 nights between Chitwan and Pokhara

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
How to split 6 nights between Chitwan and Pokhara

We plan to visit both places. We won't have been trekking and aren't just looking for a place to chill and relax. I think we could find activities to fill four nights in Chitwan. I am not so sure about Pokhara. Do you recommend 3 and 3 nights, or do you think 2 in Pokhara and 4 in Chitwan is a better idea. We'll have a driver so won't be wasting much time going between the two locations.

Thanks.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: How to split 6 nights between Chitwan and Pokhara

Hello,

Pokhara got more things to do than in Chitwan. Many people heading for Chitwan do 2 Nights 3 Days packages. I would recommend half half or 4 in Pokhara and 2 in Chitwan. It's only my personal feeling, may be other members will come with other advises.

You can also add one night for Bandipur if interested. It's nice place on the top of a hill and got pretty nice Himalayan views of a clear day. You will also be able to experience local customs or cultures there.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
2. Re: How to split 6 nights between Chitwan and Pokhara

If anyone has this same question and is like us (not coming in or going out of a trek from Pokhara and of a more mature age), spend more time in Chitwan and less in Pokhara. We had a day and a half (and two nights) in Pokhara, and it was more than enough for us. Pokhara was probably our least favorite thing about our entire Nepal trip.

3. Re: How to split 6 nights between Chitwan and Pokhara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 09:46