We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to split 6 nights between Chitwan and Pokhara

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Topic
How to split 6 nights between Chitwan and Pokhara

We plan to visit both places. We won't have been trekking and aren't just looking for a place to chill and relax. I think we could find activities to fill four nights in Chitwan. I am not so sure about Pokhara. Do you recommend 3 and 3 nights, or do you think 2 in Pokhara and 4 in Chitwan is a better idea. We'll have a driver so won't be wasting much time going between the two locations.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan District, Nepal
Pokhara
Pokhara
Gandaki Zone, Nepal
Everest Scenic Flight
7 Reviews
from US$ 210.00*
Free Cancellation
Everest base camp helicopter tour
from US$ 1,650.00*
Free Cancellation
Nepal Heritage Tour
from US$ 1,200.00*
Free Cancellation
Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to split 6 nights between Chitwan and Pokhara

Hello,

Pokhara got more things to do than in Chitwan. Many people heading for Chitwan do 2 Nights 3 Days packages. I would recommend half half or 4 in Pokhara and 2 in Chitwan. It's only my personal feeling, may be other members will come with other advises.

You can also add one night for Bandipur if interested. It's nice place on the top of a hill and got pretty nice Himalayan views of a clear day. You will also be able to experience local customs or cultures there.

Mentioned in this post
Pokhara
Pokhara
Gandaki Zone, Nepal
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan District, Nepal
Bandipur
Bandipur
Gandaki Zone, Nepal
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to split 6 nights between Chitwan and Pokhara

If anyone has this same question and is like us (not coming in or going out of a trek from Pokhara and of a more mature age), spend more time in Chitwan and less in Pokhara. We had a day and a half (and two nights) in Pokhara, and it was more than enough for us. Pokhara was probably our least favorite thing about our entire Nepal trip.

Mentioned in this post
Pokhara
Pokhara
Gandaki Zone, Nepal
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan District, Nepal
3. Re: How to split 6 nights between Chitwan and Pokhara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 09:46