We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Nepal in June

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Traveling to Nepal in June

Hi,

I would like to know is it advisable to travel to Nepal from June 1 to 14? We are a family of three with a teenage daughter. Since this will be our FIRST trekking trip in Nepal, we city folks would like to keep it to 3 days at lower altitudes only. One of us has high blood pressure so we are not sure if it is ok to trek to higher altitude. : ( We will do sightseeing on other days. BTW, we will engage a trekking company throughout the journey.

Does it rain regularly from June 1 to 14? Is it a bad idea to travel and trek at this time of the year?

Our another option is to travel in late Nov till Dec 10. Compared with June, which period is a better option? Will it be very cold in early Dec? We will not trek to places higher than 3000m I suppose. : (

Please help. Many thanks. : ))

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
247 reviews
1. Re: Traveling to Nepal in June

if you can - then go to nepal in nov/dec than june - even if it's not the rain - monsoon clouds will block the views of himalayas

do a 5 day poonhil trek which is close to 3200 m - as for whether one can trek with high bloodpressure - pls consult your doctor

Edited: 03 February 2014, 11:11
Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Traveling to Nepal in June

Just choose your second option Nov/Dec is good for Nepal in compare with June but it will be off season in Tibet more cold in Dec. Better travel in June in Nepal if you are just going through the elevation of 3,000 as it will mostly raining in Nepal at that time.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,915 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Traveling to Nepal in June

I agree with the good info already posted

June is the middle of Monsoon Season, so far from the best time to go, especially for lower altitude trekking – Lots or rain, low cloud and poor views

November/December is a much better option – It will be colder, especially in December, but usually clear skies and dry with wonderful mountain views

Poon Hill Trek as suggested is a good option as it is widely regarded as the best short trek in Nepal

Good Luck and Happy Safe Travels

Rob

My Nepal Blog members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/6ec/

Italy, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
4. Re: Traveling to Nepal in June

Useful info posted already. Nove/Dec is far better than June to travel in Nepal. Kathmandu sightseeing, Nagarakot, poonhill trek, Pokhara, chitwan will be the good idea for 2 weeks trip in Nepal which i did on my 1st visit to Nepal.

Go for it.

Alex

5. Re: Traveling to Nepal in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 10:49