We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nepal and SNJ Travel Point questions

Southfield, Michigan
Level Contributor
185 posts
161 reviews
Nepal and SNJ Travel Point questions

Saw a deal on travelzoo for Nepal it takes you to Kathmandu, Mahendra Gufa limestone caves, Seti River gorge and Phewa Lake via boat, 3-day safari tour in Chitwa National Park, spiritual village of Lumbini, and archaeological site Tilaurkot with SNJ travel point. We are moderate active 60 year olds and I was wondering if there would be a lot of walking over hills and if any one has had any experience with SNJ Travel Point. It did not mention any of the hotels or details of the accomdations. Also what time of the year is a good time to visit Nepal. Any information would be appreciated.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
757 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Nepal and SNJ Travel Point questions

Seconding this request. I saw the same deal and have never before considered going to Nepal. It looks like a fascinating place and maybe this SNJ Travel Point deal is a good way to get introduced to this country? It requires you to travel before October 2013. Thanks!

Boston
Level Contributor
14 posts
87 reviews
2. Re: Nepal and SNJ Travel Point questions

I am also researching this offer, and I am going to be cautious, they seem to have saturated the market in Australia using groupon and now are in the US. While people liked the trip they felt SNJ was dishonest.

Southfield, Michigan
Level Contributor
185 posts
161 reviews
3. Re: Nepal and SNJ Travel Point questions

thanks for the reply, I did a search and did not come up with much on the company

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Nepal and SNJ Travel Point questions

I don't have any knowledge about SNJ; whether they are good or bad, cheap or expenssive.

But in generel it is quit easy to travel in Nepal and if you book tours directly at a Nepal based agent, the price is typical half of what you pay when booking in your home country.

There are lot's of good agencies and most guides speak good (or sufficient) english.

Late September, October, November, March, April and May are good seasons to visit Nepal.

Boston
Level Contributor
14 posts
87 reviews
5. Re: Nepal and SNJ Travel Point questions

thanks for the insight, we tend to be independent travelers so your advice works better for us. Have a good day.

Kathmnadu
Level Contributor
17 posts
6. Re: Nepal and SNJ Travel Point questions

Hi thee,

I agree with above post.

Happy and safe travels!.

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
67 reviews
7. Re: Nepal and SNJ Travel Point questions

I am wondering the same thing. Have been to Nepal but trying to get a sense of the hiking and rafting.

France
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
79 reviews
8. Re: Nepal and SNJ Travel Point questions

Hello Blakeja,

Welcome to TripAdvisor forum for Nepal!

I was above to reply to your topic but again realized that I might be posting wrong information to you. Can you be little specific to your options?

There are several options for hiking and trekking. In Europe when you walk in the mountains it's called hiking but in Nepal only a day walk is considered as hike. Multi-day hikes are called trekking here.

Anyway some of the popular rivers for rafting is Marshyangdi, Bhotekoshi and Trisuli. Trisuli is in face the easily accesible and most popular for river rafting with basically 1 day and 2 days option available.

There are several routes for trekking and hiking in Nepal. It's not sure what type of walk are you looking for, if you are looking for easy walks then Chisapani Nagarkot, Ghale Gaun, Poon Hill, Jomsom Muktinath, Lukla - Namche walk etc. can be few options to consider. If you are looking for adventurous options then Everest Base Camp, Gokyo Lakes, Annapurna Base Camp, Langtang Valley, Gosainkunda Lake, Annapurna Circuit are some options. Please remember that the difficulty is different depending on the routes.

Good Luck!

Orange county, Ca
Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Nepal and SNJ Travel Point questions

In treking Annapuma with SNJ is high altitude an issue?

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15,198 posts
56 reviews
10. Re: Nepal and SNJ Travel Point questions

Hi

It will depend which trek, the itinerary and how well you acclimatise. You might not know the last one yet but telling us the first two will help to get more useful answers.

scoodly

Edited: 06 August 2013, 01:38