We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DEL-KTM which airline?

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
141 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
DEL-KTM which airline?

I'm planning my first visit to Nepal next spring, and searching for a reliable flight between Delhi and Kathmandu. The following airlines have the same ticket prices but I'm stuck with choosing between them.

SpiceJet,

IndiGo,

Jet Airways,

JetLite,

Air India.

As SpiceJet and IndiGo is the cheapest, they are the preferred ones. Any thoughts about this?

Thanks!

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DEL-KTM which airline?

IndiGO or Spice should be fine for your flights. It's not very long flight from Delhi to Kathmandu so you should be OK even with 2/3 hours delays. There are very limited chances to cancel the flights so don;t worry a lot about it. IndiGO is my preferred one!

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,583 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DEL-KTM which airline?

I usually go with Jet Airways, but the others are also ok.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DEL-KTM which airline?

Dude - this is just an hour long flight - so don't get overworked - book any that fits your connection the best and the price.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
141 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DEL-KTM which airline?

Sure, but nobody loves cancelled flights, especially when your long haul departs on the very next morning..

Thanks for the comments btw!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DEL-KTM which airline?

we just flew this journey, but the opposite direction (KTM - DEL)almost 2 weeks ago on Spice Jet and it was my first time flying them. We really liked the airline. They were on time, efficient and the ground staff and flight staff were friendly.

Jo

Kathmandu, Nepal
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: DEL-KTM which airline?

For DEl- KTM , my recommendation is just take the cheapest one as it is just one hour and few minutes flight and generally they all are flying in on- time. i think it's only the matter of standard of service while you are in the plane. If you want to have better one then jet airways may be the best .

Gokul

7. Re: DEL-KTM which airline?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 14:47