We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
401 reviews
Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

We plan to spend a few weeks in Nepal in February 2012. We would like to hire a car with driver to tour for 8 days to tour Chitwan - Lumbini - Pokhara. I would be grateful for suggestions of a reliable driver or company.

84 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
1 post
51. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

We need a Car company for hire a car with driver to visit Kathmandu Valley during 6 days ?

tarragona, catalunya
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
52. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

This summer I traveled with my daughter, we were 9 days in Nepal, Kathmandu, Chitwan, Lumbini, Pokhara, Nagarkot. traveled with RAJENDRA SHRESTHA is a guy worship and a great conductor (as demonstrated several times) and very good travel companion, with whom we feel very comfortable and quiet. We had to worry about anything, he organized the trip for the days we had available, we could even hold him Indra Jstra party. We also sought the price-quality fine hotels. Definitely recommend. The price was half of what they asked for me by agency. If you have questions or want more details I can ask, but if you want to contact him: coolguyrabin@gmail.com +977.985.1125095

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
123 reviews
53. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

I am thinking of going to Nepal end of May for 8 nights & want to tour by rental car with driver.Would you Ms. tarragona catalunya recommend the same tour as yours? Did you find it safe? & which car you had? How far in advance should 1 book the car? Hotels? How are roads? Please give as much info. as possible. Thanks. What is a rough estimate of car rental with driver? Thanks.

Visakhapatnam...
1 post
54. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

e are planning to visit Nepal in month of May 2015 for 7days. We are reaching Kathamandu at 3.00 PM on the first day. And our return is at 1.00PM on 7th day at Kathamandu. we would like to hire a car with driver for 7 days to tour Nagarkot, Kathamandu, Chitwan, Sangarkot and Pokhara. So please suggest me the needful. And also give the price details of car including taxes, tolls and driver allowance.

55. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 March 2017, 00:35

56. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 March 2017, 00:35

S R
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
57. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

Hi

We are planning to visit Nepal in August.And that the only time I have holidays, Is that a good season to visit Nepal.I understand it is a Monsoon season.However do you think it would affect our holiday? Appreciate an answer.Thanks

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
15,242 posts
56 reviews
58. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

Hi

August is monsoon and it can affect trips but it need not be a deal breaker if you expaect rain, are prepared for it in terms of kit and the itinerary.

I have visitied in August in a wetter than usual year ( I was told) and still ejoyed it including a trek and general sightseeing. Most days in KTM started dry and celar with cloud building from noon and tain spells in the afternoon and evening; it did not rain all the time. Travel around KTM by bus and taxi was not affeted and there is usually a cafe or somehwere inside to wait out a heavy rain spell.

Travel further afield can be affected because landslides are fairly common so roads can be blocked for hours or days. If this happens passengers walk across or around the blockage and swap buses). Even if there are no landslides traffics ls sower anyway. Flights are affected too so it's better not to have a full itinerary and to plan to be back in KTM a day or two before the flight.

If you plan to trek good waterproof gear is needed but some treks are drier than others. The Annapurna Circuit is a good choice because the higher parts are in the himalayan rain shadow area. A shorter option is the portion around Jomsom and Muktinath (but getting there can be an issue). I trekked Langtang which is not in the rain shadow and enjoyed but I would think twice before doing it again in the monsoon.

This website gives some basic info for a few places in Nepal and the likes of accuweather and wunderground have more historic data:

weather-and-climate.com/average-monthly-Rain…

It's probably better to start a new topic with an appropriate title.

scoodly

S R
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
59. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

Thanks so much for your information. I really appreciate it

S R
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
60. Re: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu

Thanks so much for this great post. I have already contacted Raj from Nepal. I really appreciate it

Reply to: Hire car with driver from Kathmandu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted