We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Social Tours - Excellent!!

Anchorage, Alaska
5 posts
1 review
Social Tours - Excellent!!

My husband and I just got back from a two week trip to Nepal. I contacted Social Tours about 10 months ago to start to plan for this vacation - going to Nepal had always been a dream of mine. Social Tours not only made my dream a reality - they far exceeded my dreams. The vacation was AMAZING!! From the tours of the city to our trek - our trip to Chitwan and Pokhara...the hotels, our driver, our guides...everything was perfect. I 100 percent would work with Raj and his team again - in fact we plan to:-) We've only been back two days and I already can't wait to go back. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the company or some questions you may have about Nepal (from our tourist prospective). Namaste.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Social Tours - Excellent!!

Tell me about Pokhara. I am doing Base Camp trek in May, but I have fours days to kill after. I'd like to visit. I did find a motorcycle tour which sounds great. Look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 posts
1 review
2. Re: Social Tours - Excellent!!

Hi Travel Addict:-)

Pokhara is actually the one place we most likely will not visit again. There was nothing wrong with it - just a little "touristy" for us. If you have four days to kill - I'd think about spending time in Chitwan...we stayed at Tiger Tops and had an amazing time. When you are in Pokhara...eat at Almond's...excellent food!!!

Kathmandu nepal
Level Contributor
98 posts
3. Re: Social Tours - Excellent!!

Yes Pokhara is a bit touristy place where many of tourist go to visit Pokhara but Pokhara is still nice and many place to see around Pokhara, Davis fall water fall from Phewa lake) Gupteshower cave, Tibetan refugee camp, international mountain museum Phewa lake awesome world peace stupa and spectacular sunrise mountain views can explore from Sarangkot, from Sarangkot you can explore almost whole Annapurna mountain range, including Dhaulagiri which is one of the above the 8000m on the world, and standing in front of you Mt Fishtail,

So off course Pokhara is one of the best places to where you can enjoy couple of days.

Wishes have a great trip

With best Regards

Himal Tamang.

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
147 reviews
4. Re: Social Tours - Excellent!!

Hello Traveladict

Pokhara is a good place to chill out for a day, after a trek in the Annapurna area, but in my opinion hardly worth the journey there and back from Kathmandu to end up in a tourist resort, however pleasant. Lakeside Pokhara could (almost) be anywhere in he world (apart from the view of the Annapurnas), with many bars and restaurants, but I feel that it has sold its soul to Western tastes, a sort of 'Thamel-by-the Lake'.

Have you considered a couple of days white-water rafting ? Alternatively (or additionally) exploring Kathmandu, Pathan, Bhaktapur, to try to get some feel of the culture of Nepal ?

Edited: 24 March 2011, 07:45
5. Re: Social Tours - Excellent!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 19:49