We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is passport mandatory for Indians flying Delhi-Kathmandu?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Is passport mandatory for Indians flying Delhi-Kathmandu?

Until about six months ago, an Indian citizen could fly from Delhi to kathmandu upon showing the election I-card (issued by the Government of India) in lieu of passport, at the immigration counter. I'm told by a few travel agents that this rule has now been replaced with a 'passport-only' rule. Can anybody throw some light on the real situation?

NpjBnk
Level Contributor
287 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is passport mandatory for Indians flying Delhi-Kathmandu?

Hi

Namaste

Yes a passport is must for indian citizens also though visa is not necessary. This rule is only for those who travel via planes otherwise land travellers do not need any kind of documentation [if has identity icard or such thing may be good]

Thank you

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is passport mandatory for Indians flying Delhi-Kathmandu?

Thanks. Meanwhile (after posting this qury, but before seeing your message), I spoke with another travel operator, who added a twist. He mentioned that Indian citizens traveling via Royal Nepal Airlines need a valid Indian passport, and while traveling through any other Indian carrier (Air India / Jet Airways / JetLite) they are allowed to travel with the election I-card. I'm completely confused! But I appreciate your help. Regards.

Veraval, India
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is passport mandatory for Indians flying Delhi-Kathmandu?

So dear friend what happend ? Have u been travelled on indian airlines without passport to NEPAL??

As similar situation with me travellinto NEPAL on diwali without passport? What final conclusion is?

CHADNRAKANT

neapl kathamandu
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Is passport mandatory for Indians flying Delhi-Kathmandu?

i,m neapli do i need passport to fly form to kathamandu to dehli

5. Re: Is passport mandatory for Indians flying Delhi-Kathmandu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2011, 09:46