We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expert itinerary insights :)

arizona
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Expert itinerary insights :)

Hi all,

I'm coming to Nepal for work and of course, had to take time to see Nepal's beauty. I've tried to build a plan that would enable me to see a little bit of everything but I'm worried it's a bit too rushed. Would love any recommendations to make it a bit more relaxed.

- Would you cut Bandipur and rafting (?) and extend time in Pokhara and/or trek further?

- Also curious where you'd stay in Pokhara. I put three places below I'm considering

Thanks for any wisdom,

Katie

Day 1 – arrive KTM around 3pm, travel to and stay in Bhaktpur (enjoy night time here)

Day 2 – explore Bhaktpur and potentially take a taxi to Patan, overnight in Bhaktpur

Day 3 – early morning flight KTM-Pokhara, overnight at Raniban Retreat, Fishtail Lodge or somewhere Lakeside

Day 4 – Explore lakeside – maybe try to catch view from Sarangkot- overnight at Raniban Retreat, Fishtail Lodge or somewhere Lakeside

Day 5 – Drive from Pokhara to Ghattekhola. Trek to Dhampus– overnight Basanta Lodge

Day 6 – Visit Australian Camp, then trek to Kade & drive to Bandipur – overnight at 3 Mountains

Day 7 - 3 Mountains to Seti River Camp

Day 8 – Seti River Rafting – then on to Chitwan

Day 9 – explore Chitwan

Day 10 - explore Chitwan and then travel to Kathmandu

Day 11 – Kathmandu – city tour

Day 12 – Day 14 – Conference in Kathmandu

Day 15 – Kathmandu cooking class (?), depart for home around 10 pm

7 replies to this topic
Oodnadatta...
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Expert itinerary insights :)

this is a duplicate post so best to remove the other one

you don't say when you are going and that affects where to go

it might all be possible but seems like a lot of moving around

travel is very slow in Nepal

you need to allocate all day to do some of those short drives

arizona
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expert itinerary insights :)

Gymbel1 - I cannot figure out how to delete it. I've tried twice now. My apologies. I realized after posting it was in the Pokhara only forum.

I'll be coming in October. Thanks for any advice.

Oodnadatta...
Level Contributor
271 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Expert itinerary insights :)

hopefully October weather will be settled and allow views and also easier to have travel plans though you always need to allow for the unexpected

still seems a lot of moving around

maybe think what you really want to see rather than trying to see it all

easy to come back for another visit

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,722 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expert itinerary insights :)

I have answered the same question on the duplicate thread – For future reference – To delete a post, hit the report inappropriate content tab and select “remove my post”

Best Regards

Rob

Edited: 17 July 2018, 14:04
arizona
Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expert itinerary insights :)

Thank you!! And thanks Rob for the tip! I’m on it!!

6. Re: Expert itinerary insights :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 19:40

7. Re: Expert itinerary insights :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 19:40

Reply to: Expert itinerary insights :)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted