We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week in Nepal with 60 yr old mom,need help with itineary

Mumbai, India
7 posts
Save Topic
1 week in Nepal with 60 yr old mom,need help with itineary

HI,i'm traveling to Nepal for a week,would like suggestions on the things to see in Nepal.

I want to stay in kathmandu for 2 nights and explore the heritage sites(only the main ones,any recommendations?)

What are the places to see in Pokhran?Is it worth going there?2 nights will be fine if i plan to stay there?I cant trek as my Mom cant walk much,so please help me with the itinery where i can see the mountains,the outskirts,heritage sites and shopping area in kathmandu as well where i can buy traditional and chinese stuff as well!Any market suggestion?

5 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,217 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week in Nepal with 60 yr old mom,need help with itineary

Hi

This article has some suggestions for a short trip in Nepal:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-c…

The main sites are the 7 World Heritage ones; Durbars Squares at KTM< Patan and Bhaktapur and four religious places at Boudhanath, Changu Narayan, Pashutpatinath and swayambunath. Of those I suggest missing out KTM DS if going anytime soon because most of the remaining monuments are under scaffolding and screening (ir were in February) and Chhangu Narayan is the least visited (but it's personal preference of course).

Pokhara is worth a visit but note that buses take some 8/9 hours, and hired vehicles a little less. Flying is quicker of course but more expensive. This site might be useful:

https://wikitravel.org/en/Pokhara

How long to stay depends on what you want to see and the balance of time and cost involved in getting there but it is a popular place to go to even on short visits.

The views fo the mountains are quite good from parts of Pokhara (weather dependent) but you could also go to Sarangkot for better views. You could take a taxi to reach there in time for sunrise.

Asan Tole and Indra Chowk are popular areas for locals to shop in KTM. They are close to KTM DS. Thamel has lots of tourist shops.

scoodly

Mumbai, India
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week in Nepal with 60 yr old mom,need help with itineary

Thanks for your kind reply:)Will keep the suggestion in mind!

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,217 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week in Nepal with 60 yr old mom,need help with itineary

You're welcome, I hope you have a great trip.

scoodly

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week in Nepal with 60 yr old mom,need help with itineary

Things to see in Kathmandu Valley"

Temples : Baudhanath, Pasupatinath, Syambhu, ChanguNarayna, Budhanilkantha

Heritage : Patan, Kathmandu and Bhaktapur Durbar Square

Pokhara:

Fewa lake, Various Caves, Davis falls, Sarangkot -Mountain Sunrise

If you are not trekking then Pokhara 2 nights/ 3 days should be fine.

Perth, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 week in Nepal with 60 yr old mom,need help with itineary

Hi,

Last year I went to Nepal. I met over there lots of very nice people and got lots of help from the company I went with, that is www.Googletreksnepal.com.

I suggest you will contact Prakash - a managing director of the company and you and your mom will be in good hands. Good luck, Kasia

Reply to: 1 week in Nepal with 60 yr old mom,need help with itineary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted