We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaccinations for a visit next May ?

13 posts
Vaccinations for a visit next May ?

Do I need any vaccinations (Mandatory or precautionary) to visit Nepal next May ?

16 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
10 reviews
11. Re: Vaccinations for a visit next May ?

That is correct. Its up to the individual(doctor's advice) rather than required by Nepal legislation

Launceston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
12. Re: Vaccinations for a visit next May ?

My GP has vaccinated me against the Heps, Typhoid and I have the oral Cholera to take. Then Flu in a couple of weeks time. Her guidelines suggested Japanese Encephalitis but this is a trickier one to get and it’s not clear to me how much of a risk this is. So although it is wise to check with your doctor in your own country it’s still hard to work out how necessary they all are.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
10 reviews
13. Re: Vaccinations for a visit next May ?

it also depends on which part of Nepal you are going, length of stay, itenary etc.

I don't think Japanese Encephalitis is a big risk unless you are visiting pig farms and not using mosquito repellent.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
14. Re: Vaccinations for a visit next May ?

I went to the travel clinic and was advised various things. I have had Rabies (course of 3 jabs, available at cost), Hep A, Typhoid, Cholera and a Tetanus booster (at docs). It's worth doing an assessment with the clinic.

Launceston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
15. Re: Vaccinations for a visit next May ?

Thanks Raghu. That was the impression I had about JE. I, and the friend I’m travelling with, had pretty much thought about just being diligent with the mosquito repellent.

Geelong
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
16. Re: Vaccinations for a visit next May ?

Does anyone know about the immunoglobin (IG) vaccination, as an alternative to standard HepA/Typhoid vaccination?

Reply to: Vaccinations for a visit next May ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted