We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Annapurna trekking insurance for NZ travellers

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Annapurna trekking insurance for NZ travellers

Hi

Any suggestions for the a group of NZ travellers planning to do the Annapurna Circuit?

Thanks

Mary

5 replies to this topic
Western Australia...
Level Contributor
520 posts
1. Re: Annapurna trekking insurance for NZ travellers

There are several companies that offer insurance that is more suited to risks and potential eventualities at high altitude trekking and offer helicopter evacuation, and also cover more pre existing illnesses so ask the insurer or look at the fine print. Do a general google for them.

Edited: 17 April 2018, 17:44
Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,687 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: Annapurna trekking insurance for NZ travellers

Hi Mary

I can't help from experience but maybe Global Rescue offers the right coverage for you:

https:/…travelservices.html

Other NZers have posted on here about their difficulties getting insurance. Hopefully somebody will post with better suggestions.

scoodly

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Annapurna trekking insurance for NZ travellers

Thanks Ali0211 and Scoodly - I'll do both suggestions googling and I'll check out Global Rescue.

Oodnadatta...
Level Contributor
311 posts
4. Re: Annapurna trekking insurance for NZ travellers

Mary

try one of the Aussie insurers as they will usually include Kiwis

google travel insurance for walking to 6000m

some don't cover anything in Nepal and others you add extra cover for walking to 2000m and then the next category is 6000m which is what is needed for Annapurna Circuit

see how they work for your group considering ages, preexisting conditions etc as well as 6000m cover

I always have insurance but have never claimed so can't comment on what would be the most important part

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
520 posts
5. Re: Annapurna trekking insurance for NZ travellers

Try Covermore insurers they have good trekking and pre existing medical cover with minimal fuss and good rates.

Reply to: Annapurna trekking insurance for NZ travellers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted