We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Contacting World Nomads

Chania, Greece
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Contacting World Nomads

Has anyone had experience trying to contact World Nomads? On their website the only options are an Australian phone number and a contact form. I asked them a simple question 5 days ago (followed by two more attempts) via contact form and still no reply.

Considering that I am trying to give them some money, not making a claim, the response time doesn’t really inspire confidence.

I don’t want to make a phone call to Australia. Does anyone have another form of contact (email but not a form, Skype)?

23 replies to this topic
Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,837 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Contacting World Nomads

There is a UK number, but that would probably be the same as telephoning Australia – So the only other idea that I have is to send them an email on service@worldnomads.com

Good Luck

Rob

Chania, Greece
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Contacting World Nomads

I can phone the UK for free. But where do you see a UK number (other than for emergencies which my question definitely isn't)?

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,837 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Contacting World Nomads

Customer Service

• +44 (0)330 660 0738 (from overseas)

• 0330 660 0738 (within UK)

re here to help in Essex, UK (GMT/BST): Mon – Sat: 9am – 5pm; Sunday: Closed.

https:/…articles

Chania, Greece
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Contacting World Nomads

I see it now. It only shows if you enter your residence information as UK. But at least it's a start.

I'll be waiting a little longer for a reply but if they don't bother replying to my 3 emails I won't bother getting insurance with them. The problem is if you are not a UK resident options for Nepal insurance (above 5000m) are pretty limited.

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,221 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Contacting World Nomads

An alternative to WN is True Traveller who offer cover to European residents:

https://www.truetraveller.com/

Cheaper than WN for my circumstances, small company, has a 'live chat' thing and you may well talk to the people who run the company who know theor stuff and are not reading from a script in a call centre (used them a few times now, no claims).

scoodly

Chania, Greece
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Contacting World Nomads

Thanks for the https://www.truetraveller.com/ pointer. They seem a lot more expensive for trips above 4500m. But then again if World Nomads don't answer emails they might as well not exist.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,837 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Contacting World Nomads

I have also used The True Traveller for my trekking / travel insurance for a number of years now – Although I haven’t made a claim from them, as scoodly said, they seem to be very reasonable people when you talk to them on the phone

You should also be aware that you have to pay an extra fee if you use a helicopter rescue.

Best Regards

Rob

Chania, Greece
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Contacting World Nomads

I have nothing against the high helicopter rescue excess. Makes complete sense considering what's going on in Nepal even though it's annoying that we end up paying for the mistakes and poor behaviour of others.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
5,837 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Contacting World Nomads

Totally agree with you there Jean – Lately I have heard of agents who are sending clients out on 10 day EBC treks and actually “Planning” to use their clients helicopter rescue insurance as part of the trekking plan – Unbelievable !!!!!!

But not a lot that I can see we can do to nip this little scheme in the bud !!

Oh Hum

Rob

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,221 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Contacting World Nomads

If other insurance companies increased the excess for helicopter rescues to a similar level - $1000 plus - it might start to have an impact.

scoodly

Reply to: Contacting World Nomads
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted