We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online Indian Visa Payment Problem

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Online Indian Visa Payment Problem

Hi all,

I have just quit my job in Kenya and decide to travel to India in the middle of this month.

Initally I went to the local Indian Embassy and applied a tourism visa, but I got informed that I have to wait for one month or so for the visa, which other people could get around three days after application. I was confused.

Instead of waiting, I decide to apply an online E-visa. I have filled in the online form on Friday, but when I pay on Sunday, the payment page has not shown up, only saying that "your payment has not been received".

So dear people over there, should I apply again or there is something wrong with page??

Thanks for your information in advance.

318 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
201. Re: Online Indian Visa Payment Problem

I had a slight problem paying, using Chrome on Ubuntu Linux. My first attempt to pay via SBI and PayPal froze when I clicked on the button to say pay the $77.40. I closed the tab, went to the e-visa home page, clicked on the payment button (between the complete partially filled form and the visa status inquiry buttons) and tried the exact same path (SBI/PayPal). This second attempt worked.

Lowestoft, United...
Destination Expert
for Varkala, India
Level Contributor
10,592 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
202. Re: Online Indian Visa Payment Problem

Just make sure that you have not been charged twice.

Ho Chi Minh City...
2 posts
Save Reply
203. Re: Online Indian Visa Payment Problem

I got the same issue and was struggling with the payment yesterday.

I used SBI to my first attempt and payment was failed. I used Axis for my second attempt and failed again. I then asked my Indian friend to pay as I thought that local bank would be easier, but failed. It appeared an error after keying OTP code :" invalid digital order..."

I sent this screen shot to indiatvoa@gov.in, and at mid night I got their response "You have exceeded your maximum attempts for making payment for an application ID. Please re-register again to make payment".

I register again and used Axis, I changed my bank card, I got it done for the 1st time, I then completed other 5 in my group smoothly.

Today, Axis payment didnt work, failed 1 application, I filled the form again and tried SBI, it worked well to 3 applications.

This evening, I received visas to all applications applied yesterday night. So quick, less than 24 hours.

My experience is that we should re-register if we fail event 1 time and try to change another bank card, no need to change IP, IE, Crome, firefox, or delete cookie.

Ho Chi Minh City...
2 posts
Save Reply
204. Re: Online Indian Visa Payment Problem

I tried this site, it's an agent, and costs more than double price, takes 5 working days www.e-visaindia.com while official site takes less than 24hrs.

Ho Chi Minh City...
1 post
Save Reply
205. Re: Online Indian Visa Payment Problem

Hi everyone,

Just like you all, I have tried many many times with different ways (change cards, change device from laptop to mobile phone, using 3G-4G instead of Wifi, clear cache,...) but all are NOT working for me! So frustrated!

Finally, I succeeded at first attempt by opening a PALPAY account and add my Credit Card to that account. Then I just:

1. Go to this link https:/…PaymentCheck

2. Input the information (Application ID, Date of Birth, Security text) and select "Pay Visa Processing fee"

3. Select SBIE PAY (which allows Paypal/ Visa/ Mastercard), instead of Axis (which allows Visa/ Mastercard only)

4. Select PAYPAL. Log in with paypal email account & password. Then proceed to pay.

Boom! It costs only 51.76 USD (Tourist e-Visa fee applicable to Vietnamese)

It's very quick and simple! Try this to see if it works for you!

This is the first time I post to tripadvisor, just because I want to help the guys who have been drived crazy like me when attempting to pay e-Visa! Goodluck!

Best,

Phung

Edited: 23 August 2017, 16:43
Perth
Level Contributor
32 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
206. Re: Online Indian Visa Payment Problem

I've had a few visas now, in the one I did a few weeks ago I used SBIE and used my Monzo card and it worked a treat. No issues at all. Happy days!

Lowestoft, United...
Destination Expert
for Varkala, India
Level Contributor
10,592 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
207. Re: Online Indian Visa Payment Problem

Thanks for your post phunghuynh . It is a shame you came to Trip Advisor after you had the problems as there is an e-Visa Guide that would have helped you. The recommended way to pay is via Paypal . This seems to have the most success. There have been problems for various reasons trying to pay through SBI Bank. Some it works for some it does not. Anyway you are now sorted. For future reference the link to the Guide is here:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297…

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
208. Re: Online Indian Visa Payment Problem

I am having problems with the Indian e-Visa website as well! The form has crashed multiple times, I lost all my data and had to start again, the instructions say the process is completely online but then the final instructions say "print out and make an appointment with local Embassy" so I am not sure if it is in fact an online process? I called and emailed the embassy and nobody is answering. I can't make a payment the button "pay for visa" does nothing. I try to make an appointment online and I get one of two messages "you have submitted an old form, please submit again" or "appointment can only be made 5 days from filling out form" I only filled out the form last week! We leave in 3 weeks time I really need to get this sorted! I'll keep trying the phone number (they are only open in Canberra 3-5pm) and hope for the best I suppose.

Lowestoft, United...
Destination Expert
for Varkala, India
Level Contributor
10,592 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
209. Re: Online Indian Visa Payment Problem

Have you completed the correct application form Helen B ? Look at this link to the Government of India website:

https:/…tvoa.html

The link to e-Visa application is on the left.

UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
210. Re: Online Indian Visa Payment Problem

I have no practical suggestion but just wanted to wish you well. I posted on this thread a while ago when I was having similar problems. When I found the winning way to do it, it was processed really quickly. As I remember, it was finding the 'right' method of payment which worked (Paypal?). Don't lose heart!

Reply to: Online Indian Visa Payment Problem
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted