We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India e tourist visa

Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Topic
India e tourist visa

Looking for information about the e tourist visa now available for US citizens to enter India. It states that "biometric information" will be collected upon arrival at the airport in India. What biometric information is collected and how long did it take? Should we plan an extra long layover in the Delhi airport for this process?

Mentioned in this post
250 replies to this topic
Burnaby, British...
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
161. Re: India e tourist visa

Why would you not apply for the 6-month visa? My Mom just applied for a 12 month tourist visa with multiple entries. We dropped it off on a Monday and a week later she had confirmation that everything was complete and a few days later the passport arrived with the visa. Same with my Aunt and Uncle. The visa processing is now done by BLS which is an outsourced contractor. They're really quick.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
162. Re: India e tourist visa

Hi Bismal P,

I saw you are in Burnaby BC, so can you kindly tell me in which BLS office has your Mom applied her visa, BLS Vancouver or Surrey? What do you think about their service? Thank you!

Burnaby, British...
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
163. Re: India e tourist visa

l@likehawaii she applied at the Surrey office.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
164. Re: India e tourist visa

Thank you for the quick response!

We are planning to go in the last week of Nov. Hopefully that's enough time to get the visa ready for our trip starting in mid-Dec.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
165. Re: India e tourist visa

Steer clear of these Indian eVisa SCAM ARTISTS www.evisaindia.org

Paid my money and still waiting for any feedback 7 days after applying!!!!

My trip is almost starting and now had to make another payment toward https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/ as per above comments.

Pontypridd, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
166. Re: India e tourist visa

Hi can anyone recommend the best site to use to apply for an e visa for India I am flying in December 2017. I have looked at a site but they say its for double entry but I only need a single entry. Also can anyone please let me know the cost

Thanks for your help

Mentioned in this post
London
Level Contributor
8,883 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
167. Re: India e tourist visa

Just follow this link, all is explained. Its automatically a double entry.

https:/…edit

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,105 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
168. Re: India e tourist visa

Donna. It comes as "Double entry". Just no need to use the 2nd. No difference .

scotland
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
169. Re: India e tourist visa

Hi I am travellimng to Goa late December, we have travelled to Goa before, I am trying to apply for my evisa on line but it is asking for prevuious visa number which I no longer have, can someone tell me if you can bypass this part or how you can get a copy of your old visa number thanks

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,105 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
170. Re: India e tourist visa

Just write 'not known' or fill each square with an "X".

Reply to: India e tourist visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;