We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Apps for India

Mumbai, India
4 posts
1 review
Travel Apps for India
Save

Hi Guys!

I'm planning to undertake a three month journey to explore India. I will be visiting - Goa, Cochin, Munnar, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pondicherry, Puri, Orchha, Kolkata, Sikkim, Agra, Delhi, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Himachal Pradesh & Ladakh.

I want to cover the most interesting places in these destinations and I'm looking to explore these places by myself instead of hiring tour guides who I feel are not the best options since they are very pushy and I've had some pretty bad incidents with them.

Do you guys know some useful apps that I can use for such a trip? I'm using Triposo for planning my trip. I have heard about some apps that are like audio devices you get at museums to do walks around various cities and explore monuments (MyTourIndia) but the app is dated and the information was not correct. Do you guys knows about any alternatives that I can use on my journey?

Thanks!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Travel Apps for India
Save

Try using our India Trip Planning App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.worthyourholidays.tripigator

Edited: 6 years ago
Mumbai, India
4 posts
1 review
2. Re: Travel Apps for India
Save

You can try AudioCompass, its a personal audio tour guide for Android & iOS phones.

http://www.audiocompass.in

1 post
3. Re: Travel Apps for India
Save

If you are booking a railway ticket and ticket is wait listed try this app.. It will automatically send SMS to your mobile number when the status moves..

Track my PNR by SMS

4. Re: Travel Apps for India

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.