We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone booked a tour with idiscoverindia.com?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone booked a tour with idiscoverindia.com?

I am based in the UK, and am thinking of travelling to India later this year. I have found a site called idiscoverindia.com which seems to offer the sort of package I want, but I am a bit reluctant to book with them without knowing who they are, whether they are reliable, and can generally be trusted with my credit card details!

Has anyone used them? If so, what was your experience? Are they reputable?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,497 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with idiscoverindia.com?

Ask them for references if you can't find any references online (try using the Search feature on this website).

SouthFloridah
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with idiscoverindia.com?

I also am looking into this in US, I did find a BBB site in Mich. that rates them as A, w/no complaints ,and some youtube entries ,did you decide to use them?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with idiscoverindia.com?

No - mainly because of the lack of replies to my first post on Trip Advisor, I decided to play it safe and to book a different trip with an established UK-based travel agent. So now I'm off to Sri Lanka instead!

Sorry I can't be more reassuring.

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with idiscoverindia.com?

I booked a trip with idiscoverIndia.com for leh ladkah last year ( Budget trip) and then when our super boss came from US we got him to travel with them ( Super Luxury though this time :) ) And while I can comment on my trip and tell you that we had a great time, my super boss's trip went fine too I hear .( I dont have the first hand account of that )

As for credit card payments, I can tell you ( I work with Wachovia Bank) that credit card payments are most secured. You rliability is very limited ( in USA its less than USD 50 in most cases) and the onus lies on the merchant to prove that the transaction happened and so was the delivery.

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with idiscoverindia.com?

Hi there,

My husband and I did a month long trip around Rajasthan and Varanasi through idiscoverindia earlier this year. We found it to be a very well organised tour. We chose a private tour with driver, staying at mid- to upper-level accommodation. We had previously been to India and made all the arrangements ourselves - which takes a lot of time and can be pretty exhausting. This time around, we felt like we were able to see a lot more with less effort. I would say idiscoverindia provides excellent value for money, and everything was delivered as promised. Would definitely recommend using them.

Stephanie from Sydney

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with idiscoverindia.com?

At the end of September 2010, I went on a 27night/28 day long trip from New Delhi to Varanasi through Idiscoverindia. Payment was made through Bank of America (which I visited to ensure validity of the US account since the USA office was opened just a few days prior to the date of my deposit).

A companion and I were given our own driver for the entire trip as well as a cell phone in case we needed to locate him or to reach the main office if needed. It was a very well organized tour, and our hotel accommodations were very comfortable. Some had swimming pools and spas which we welcomed after a long journey during the day. Idiscoverindia provides excellent value for money, and we both felt it delivered everything as promised and we left with a feelling of having really discovered India. Would definitely recommend using them

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with idiscoverindia.com?

My hubby & I visited India for the first time. We covered N.Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Khajuraho & Bodhaya. It was a great travel plan & they are flexible to cover as many places of attractions as possible for the 11 days we had in India. 1 part of the program was not well executed due to the driver could not understand English properly. However, the person in charge came in immediately to resolve that matter there & then - we were satisfied with it. All in, I would say, good trip with idiscoverindia.com. Will definitely go back to them if I choose to go India again.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with idiscoverindia.com?

This January we travelled with idiscoverindia for 3 weeks mainly in Rajasthan. We had our own car and driver. Everything was really well organized and we had our full itinerary before we left Canada which included the websites of all the hotels. We chose the budget option - very reasonably priced - and Brij and Jay upgraded several of our hotels at no extra cost. The accomodations were great with many of the hotels having pools. Our driver was a delight and we were sad to say goodbye. We were given a cell phone so we could always get in touch with him 24/7. Brij and Jay met with us in Delhi at the beginning of our tour over a delicious south Indian meal and gave us all our documents, hotel vouchers, train tickets, etc.

We made our deposit with our credit card with no problems at all.

Overall, the best way to see many sights and places quickly and comfortably.

I highly recommend idiscoverindia and would travel with them again.

ottawa
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with idiscoverindia.com?

Hello

My husband and I booked a month trip through idiscover last November. At first, we had the same reservations as you do - when going through the internet one can never be too sure. That being said, I want to tell you they are 100% reliable. In fact they went above and beyond what we ever imagined. We even met and had lunch with Brij within the first couple of days that we were in Delhi. And not to mention the fact that all of their suggestions and recommendations on where to stay were excellent! You will not be disappointed - we were able to call them at any time if anything went wrong (we missed our train and they immediately helped us find a hotel for the night and arranged for transport). Traveling in India is not always easy but having them behind you is everything. We have even recommended them to friends who have all come out with the same opinions.

Have a great trip!

PortLouis
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with idiscoverindia.com?

In 2010 I first booked the Palace on Wheels luxury train tour in Rajasthan with idiscoverindia. That tour was sublime. As for idiscoverindia they were most reliable and so professional in their approach. Jay gave us a personal touch when he came to meet us, my son and myself, at our hotel in Delhi. I did not have to worry about anything, payment, reservation on the train and so much mor..sightseeing in Delhi etc..So much so that this year in March I went through them again for planning my visit again with my son. I went to Vrindavan and they arranged my journey beautifully. My son went to Hrishikesh for rafting and it was an experience to remember. I would heartily recommend everyone to go through idiscoverindia as it is less hassle and you get value for money