We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai Airport to Dadar Station

Manchester
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Mumbai Airport to Dadar Station

Hi, I have a flight booked in November to arive at BOM at 03.30 and have booked the express train to Goa leaving Dadar at 05.25. Will I have enough time to clear immigration and catch a taxi to make this train?

Many thanks

Kevin

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mumbai Airport to Dadar Station

This is way too close for comfort. It'll take you around 1 hr to get out of the airport and it'll take you around 20 minutes to reach Dadar station. Then you'll need to find the platform from where the train's leaving and then search for your compartment. And we haven't considered your flt landing late which isn't uncommon.

I would suggest that you look to book another train.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,264 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mumbai Airport to Dadar Station

Agree with Sandy. You're leaving yourself a very thin margin. The only saving grace is that at that time of the morning there is no traffic so you will get to Bombay Central in under 30 minutes.

Why don't you consider this one:

0103 MANDOVI EXPRESS departs CSTM (Victoria Terminus) at 06.55 arrives Madgaon MAO 20.15

Driving time is 45 minutes in the morning.

Bangalore
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mumbai Airport to Dadar Station

I may reach Dadar by train by 7:30 p.m. on Sunday and my flight is at 9:05 p.m. I know its not comfortable gap but there's no other way, so please tell me what would be the fastest way to reach Mumbai Airport from Dadar Station and how much time it may take? Thanks for your help in advance.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,264 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mumbai Airport to Dadar Station

Are you flying out domestic or international?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mumbai Airport to Dadar Station

If you're flying domestic, you need to report at least 45 mins before departure, so for a 9.00 pm flight, you need to report by 8.15 pm. Take a cab from Dadar station and you may be able to reach the airport just in time. Hopefully since it's a Sunday, it should take you around 30 minutes to cover the distance to the domestic airport. (I'm hoping that your train doesn't arrive late into Mumbai)

For international, you need to report 2 hrs before dep. time. You can see for yourself that this is an impossible situation....

Bangalore
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mumbai Airport to Dadar Station

Thanks for the response dear friend!

You gessed it right! Its domestic only :-) Train timing is an issue but 7:30 p.m. arrival time is after adding the average delay time of 2 hours for my train from via Nasik.

Actually, I'd be starting my journey from Trayambakeshwar at around 1-1:15 p.m. on 11th Oct (Sunday). The trains from Nasik Rd. jn. to Dadar available after that time are long distance trains. So, I anticipated some delay. I felt if I reach Dadar even by 7:30 p.m. I could make it. But again, we can never predict the delays in trains here.

Alternatively, I have thought of hiring a taxi from Trayambakeshwar or Pune to travel to Domestic Airport. But I'm not sure how much would they charge at nth moment or what's the travel time. Would it be possible for you to guide me on this also?

7. Re: Mumbai Airport to Dadar Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 19:48
8. Re: Mumbai Airport to Dadar Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2010, 10:50