We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indjapink

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Indjapink

My partner and I are thinking of visiting India in July 2010. Has anyone had experience of Indjapink? They have a good looking website and have suggested a very nice itinerary, but I cannot find any reviews on them. They have had good mentions in the Hindustan Times.

Thanks for your help.

Eric

114 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Indjapink

Eric:

My partner and I have had extremely friendly emails back and forth with them, and we are very happy with their enthusiasm and their proposed intinerary.

But as you mention, we've can find no actual reviews from people who have used their services or know about them first-hand. As such, we're hesitant about confirming the trip and wiring funds.

For us, this is a last minute vacation planned for this month. If by chance you have found any additional information, we would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Steven

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indjapink

Hi Steven,

We have had very similar enthusiasm, but cannot find any customer feedback. They have put together a great itinerary for us, but again I am slightly hesitant. I emailed them and asked if they had any customer feedback. If I hear anything further, then I'll let you know. Where are you planning on going?

Eric

Fort Lauderdale
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Indjapink

Sept. 17th, so it's just 12 days away. I did see a new article posted about the owner's speech at a Bangalore travel conference this week.

I have no reason to doubt their integrity, and if they took credit cards, I'd feel very comfortable. But my business sense says to never wire funds to a company you don't know.

Not sure what to do ....

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indjapink

DIdn't know they didn't take credit cards.....I'd agree with you! I read your previous post..about the Oberoi 'deal'. I'd looked at that too. The hotels look amazing and it seems a relatively good deal. I like a bit of comfort!. I'd asked indjapink what hotels they were using, but I haven't heard back. I like to know where I'm staying so I can check them out on here.

Our main problem is that the only time we can get a reasonable time off is in July, which is suboptimal time for visiting India. People also said that about our recent trip to Japan, but we had a great time!

I have been to INdia before back in 1996 when I was a student and loved it. You'll have an amazing time. I'd be really interested to here how you get on.

Eric

Fort Lauderdale
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Indjapink

Indjapink does offer to include the Oberoi and Taj hotels; they also suggest a number of smaller boutique properties. They do seem very knowledgeable.

However, out of prudence, I'm thinking of booking all my hotels directly via credit card and then hiring Indjapink for all the tours services, guides, cars, inter-India flights, etc.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indjapink

Stephen,

That sounds a good idea. Are they happy about doing this? Let me know how you get on.

Eric

Fort Lauderdale
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Indjapink

Have you heard of a company called Purple Dragon? It bills itself as the oldest and largest gay travel agency in Asia. (And they accept credit cards.) Just wondering if in you India research you had run across anything about this company?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indjapink

Hi Stephen,

I have heard of them....but not much more. I think I remember seeing they are a Thailand based company, but that's about all I know of them.

Eric

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Indjapink

Dear Eric & Steven..we would love to hear more about your experiences with this company once youre done travelling with them. However my concern is what value a tour operator run by a fashion designer can deliver to tourists? Just using the gay tag to garner clients in my view can lead to your paying more for services that you could have gotten for better prices from other tour operators. Certain words on the website "bespoke luxury travel", "hand picked accommodation" in my opinion mean "expensive and overpriced"

While a gay tour operator may be able to give you access to gay parties and night life, this does not mean you should have to pay more for all other services like hotels, transport which are common to all types of travellers. It would be advisable, if you have the time, to get quotes from other tour operators and compare prices. If youre visiting Rajasthan, try the Rajasthan Association of Tour Operator members thru the website www.ratorajasthan.org

They should also give you a hotel by hotel break up of prices. Compare these with prices given on hotel websites. Generally Taj & Oberoi have better deals on the websites than thru tour operators. Also you are faced with easier cancellation policies when booking directly. India has a long and tolerant history of dealing with gay issues (except for some archaic British laws which have now been done away with) and you should be just as safe and comfortable dealing with any tour operator and not necessarily limit yourself to one who's only USP is being owned by a gay person with no knowledge of travel business.

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Indjapink

Hello

I m agry with NPJAI ....

Best to do the deal with local people who know more about this business .

Reply to: Indjapink
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted