We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

masoori(e) hill station

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
163 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
masoori(e) hill station

Anyone been to Masoori(e) hill station? Any advice?

India
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: masoori(e) hill station

Crowded due to very popular. You can reach here by train from DELHI to DEHRADUN or HARIDWAR and can get TAXI from DEHRADUN or HARIDWAR.

It is 50kms. from DEHRADUN.

Better stay at DHANULTI-it could be life time experience-calm and scenic.

NH
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: masoori(e) hill station

Mussorie is very touristy (it is a popular honeymoon destination within India). Landour is directly above Mussorie and very peaceful.

3. Re: masoori(e) hill station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2008, 17:36
Shanghai
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: masoori(e) hill station

Hi everyone. I am coming to Mumbai in April on business and want to travel North to visit Landour. My grandfather, the son of a British army officer, was born in Landour in 1923.

I have two questions:

Firstly, is there anywhere to stay in Landour itself?

Secondly, I will have ten days from the time I leave Mumbai to the time I have to be back to Mumbai to return to Shanghai. What else is in the vicinity of Landour that I could see within the timeframe I have??

All help greatly appreciated.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: masoori(e) hill station

The quickest way to get to Landour is to fly from Mumbai to Dehradun. From Dehradun, it is only 30 kms to Landour; you can get a taxi.

There are no direct flights from Mumbai - they all go via Delhi. Kingfisher has two flights from Delhi to Dehradun, one at 10:15 in the morning and the other at 3:00 p.m. There are hourly flights from Mumbai to Delhi.

Alternatively, from Mumbai you can take a train to Dehradun, it is a long train ride. Train number 9019 departs Bandra Terminus (Mumbai) 23:25 and arrives in Dehradun 17:35 (you spend 2 nights in the train).

Dehradun is the capital of the Uttaranchal State, and there are lots of tourism opportunities nearby. The famous Corbett Tiger Sanctuary is 6-7 hours drive from Dehradun. Haridwar, which is among the best places to see traditional Hindu life, is about 60 kms from Dehradun. Other quick getaways from Landour include Mussoorie, Nag Tibba, Tiger Falls, Chakrata and Yamunotri.

http://uttaranchaltourism.net/

There are a couple of places to stay in Landour: Rokeby and Devdar Woods.

hostelz.com/hostel/21374-Rokeby-Guesthouse

For Devdar, please see the following:

http://devdar.blogspot.com/

cosmotourist.com/travel-tip/…

Shanghai
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: masoori(e) hill station

Thank you so much for your help x

7. Re: masoori(e) hill station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 17:50