We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian railways - disabled user account

Prague, Czech...
10 posts
Indian railways - disabled user account
Save

Hello there!

I found out that my account on irctc.co.in has been disabled. I sent an email to the support and I got following answer:

"Please note that you did not mentioned proper address in your user id profile so your user id has been deactivated due to Garbage or Junk profile.

We request you to write us that address which you mentioned at the time of registration along with address proof in which the same address should be reflected to pursue the matter."

I sent them my address which is the same as I filled in at the time of registration. However, I got the same answer as in the first email. Do you know what they need to restore my account? What do they mean by "address proof"?

Thank you very much for help.

L.

13 replies to this topic
Switzerland
Level Contributor
720 posts
81 reviews
84 helpful votes
1. Re: Indian railways - disabled user account
Save

Troubles with opening an account happen to many non-Indian residents trying to get one.

Read what the ultimate authority in train travels worldwide, seat61, says on this topic:

"If you want complete access to all trains, routes, tickets & classes, including waitlisted and RAC tickets, you will have to run the gauntlet of registering with irctc.co.in. Irctc.co.in is the official Indian Railways booking site, and I provide detailed instructions on how to register in option 2 below. The process drives everyone nuts. It's bureaucratic to put it mildly, involving a one-time password sent to your email address and another password texted to your mobile phone, with a small fee to be paid to for the text to be sent to a non-Indian mobile number.

Some people find that the irctc website won't accept payment for the text, others pay successfully but never get the text, others pay and get the text but find the irctc website has mysteriously changed their phone to an Indian dialling code and they can't change it back or they can't log in as they keep getting error messages. Some people give up, some manage it in the end, often after much frustration. However, once registered you can book anything."

source: https://www.seat61.com/India.htm#Buy-tickets-online

The best thing is to forget this idiotic website (an absolute shame for Indian so-called IT capability) and get your tickets either at https://12go.asia/en

if they list your train, if not get them through an agent trusted here on TA. (Google: "train tickets please")

Prague, Czech...
10 posts
2. Re: Indian railways - disabled user account
Save

Thank you CUnow

Now I can tell I'm also pissed off. I can confirm that the costumer support is horrible. I'm now in doubts if my ticket (which I booked and payed before my account was disabled) is valid. I tried to find a train connection through the 12go.asia but nothing found. It seems there are only some selected routes. The "train ticket please" is a guy called Raj who makes booking for others?:)

Switzerland
Level Contributor
720 posts
81 reviews
84 helpful votes
3. Re: Indian railways - disabled user account
Save

He is an agent. Anyone in India can make reservations for others. I did not mention his name for discretionary reasons re the guide-lines of TA.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
53 reviews
52 helpful votes
4. Re: Indian railways - disabled user account
Save

I'm having the exact same problem, I had the very same response. I send proof of address and they said it had been forwarded to the relevant team and I'd hear from them. That was two weeks ago. I'd be interested to know if anyone has had any luck getting their account reactivated.

Mumbai, India
1 post
5. Re: Indian railways - disabled user account
Save

Getting error as User is disabled:

Reply from IRCTC:

As per T&C of IRCTC, personal user IDs are meant for personal use only.

As per the record available with IRCTC you have added more than 10 master passenger list linked with your user ID.

It seems that you are using your personal user ID for commercial gains/miss used, that's why your ID was suspended/deactivated and it can't be activated again.

My reply to IRCTC: I have added passengers who are frequently traveling with me. There is no limit to adding names in the list whereas you are suggesting only 10. Also I have received any mail from IRCTC that master passenger list more than 10 & we noticed that you are your ID for commercial gains. I haven't used so for any commercial gains.

IRCTC:

Sorry for the inconvenience caused please re-register on irctc website with alternate email id and /or mobile no.

1 post
6. Re: Indian railways - disabled user account
Save

I have open my account yesterday all is right but today I open my account in IRCTC app it looks disabled

1 post
7. Re: Indian railways - disabled user account
Save

My IRCTC User ID re enebal

1 post
8. Re: Indian railways - disabled user account
Save

Re avctav my account

Chennai District...
1 post
9. Re: Indian railways - disabled user account
Save

My account displad I'd.. Mohamd6387 email.id mohamedai6387@gmail.com

1 post
10. Re: Indian railways - disabled user account
Save

My account disabled ho gya hii id Gauravnai

Edited: 09 November 2020, 13:14
Reply to: Indian railways - disabled user account
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
India
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.