We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lebara Sim - Roaming in India

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
28 reviews
16 helpful votes
Lebara Sim - Roaming in India
Save

Anyone tried this?

You can get the 15GB data package for £20 and the 8gb for £15.

From their site:

How much data can I use when I am roaming in India?

You can use upto 10GB data and 200 minutes and texts to call India and the UK absolutely free. A small surcharge of 5p/MB and 10p/min applies thereafter to continue using your plan. We are the best network to use for roaming in India and the only one who let you roam worry -free with no nasty roaming bills to pay when you get back home!

I know its more expensive than buying a local sim, but no hassle at all. Buy the sim in the UK, pop it in, switch on roaming and done

10 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
34 posts
1. Re: Lebara Sim - Roaming in India
Save

Did you try this? Has anyone tried this?

Bromley, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Lebara Sim - Roaming in India
Save

I have tried this. The data connection isn't usable. I think it connects to 3g only and I dunt get data in many parts of Mumbai and Visakhapatnam (areas I have been to).

I tried manually selecting Airtek 4g or 3g but it didn't register.

So overall useful only for calls not for data but may well depend on area of visit.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
34 posts
3. Re: Lebara Sim - Roaming in India
Save

Thanks, can I ask what you ended up using for data purposes?

4. Re: Lebara Sim - Roaming in India
Save

Lebara doesn't work everywhere in in India. There is no service on large parts of Gujarat for example. Lebara only connects to a Vodafone mobile signal. In India two mobile carriers have merged - Vodafone and IDEA - locals can roam between these freely but Lebara users cannot. There only seems to be either Vodafone or Idea signals and not both in any area. So, large parts of India is not available for Lebara users.

2 posts
5. Re: Lebara Sim - Roaming in India
Save

I am also trying since two days but no getting any network in the sim. Any assistance? I am currently in Modinagar, Uttar Pradesh. It is French lebara sim.

2 posts
6. Re: Lebara Sim - Roaming in India
Save

I am also trying since two days but getting no network. I am currently in Modinagar, Uttar Pradesh. I have french lebara sim. Any assistance?

1 post
7. Re: Lebara Sim - Roaming in India
Save

Worked fine in Kerala, India while I was vacationing during Feb ‘20. Calls to UK and India numbers worked well, data connection was ok (I think it was being throttled), was getting around 1 Mbps download consistently. Make sure you are connected to Vodafone IN network (I am assuming VI India now), doesn’t register to any other network

Bengaluru, India
1 post
8. Re: Lebara Sim - Roaming in India
Save

I returned from UK on 2nd, I have my data services and incoming calls are working fine in Bangalore however the outgoings calls not working even when I have network. If anyone has any idea, please share/advise.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
6 reviews
17 helpful votes
9. Re: Lebara Sim - Roaming in India
Save

Hey there

Call from another phone to +44 207 0310791, between 9 am to 6 pm (UK time)

Or Email- care@lebara-mobile.co.uk but on email may take time to respond.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
1,699 posts
6 reviews
17 helpful votes
10. Re: Lebara Sim - Roaming in India
Save

Or you can simply buy one new SIM card, nowadays Data, Calls are very cheap in India.

Reply to: Lebara Sim - Roaming in India
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.