We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OCI application "Relationship to root of Indian"?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
OCI application "Relationship to root of Indian"?
Save

Hi, applying for OCI for my mother who was born in India. What do I put for the question "Relationship to root of Indian"? Options given is mother, father grand mother. Grand father etc

4 replies to this topic
Goa, India
Level Contributor
5,275 posts
32 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: OCI application "Relationship to root of Indian"?
Save

I would suggest whoever you have the strongest supporting paperwork for (if you have any) in addition to your mother's own supporting documents, if born in India she automatically qualifies, but over here they frequently ask for details of father or mother.

I find when applying for anything in India more is always better, if they don't require it, they will just ignore it

1 post
2. Re: OCI application "Relationship to root of Indian"?
Save

I am applying for OCI who is born in United States. He is a minor.

Which option should I select in "Relation with Root Indian" option.

Please suggest.

Woburn...
1 post
1 review
3. Re: OCI application "Relationship to root of Indian"?
Save

If you are indian citizen and born in India and your son is US born citizen then you can use 'FATHER' as roots to India.

Wentorf bei...
1 post
4. Re: OCI application "Relationship to root of Indian"?
Save

Hi , I am applying OCI for my family. I got my german passport recently, but as my son was born here got his german passport directly. What should I choose for "relationship to root indian" for myself and what to choose for my son. Thanks

Reply to: OCI application "Relationship to root of Indian"?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
India
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.