We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposed Itinerary

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Proposed Itinerary

We are an active 65 year old couple. We like cultural activities, good food and want to see the best of India. We want to practice gentle yoga at our hotels if possible and maybe take cooking class too. We are planning a trip in December 2018 or January 2019. Our concern is the large distances between places and are we trying to do too much for our first trip to India. We have traveled independently in other parts of the world but India seems a bit more challenging. We have contacted a tour group recommended through TA. They suggested the following itinerary based on places we asked to see.

2 nights in Delhi

Flight to Varanasi 2 nights

Flight to Khajuraho 1 night

Train to Agra 2 nights

Drive to Jaipur 2 nights

Drive to Udaipur 2 nights

Drive to Rohetgarh 1 night

Drive to Jaisalmer 2 nights

Drive to Jaisalmer Camel Safaris 1 night

Drive to Bikaner 1 night

Drive to Mandawa 1 night

Drive to Delhi.

We are concerned we are doing to much in 20 days. Just want to get a reality check if this is a good itinerary. Thank you for any help you can provide.

5 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Proposed Itinerary

Hi lovetogarden77,

Welcome to the forum and glad to know you are planning to coming India. During End / start of the year right time to visit India.

Yes you can take practice of gentle Yoga at hotel to hire Yoga people in the city. Also for cooking class you can join at Delhi or Jaipur.

The itinerary you have mentioned its perfect and just a concern only between Jaipur to Udaipur if you are not comfortable in much driving because the is about 8-9 hours however you can add Pushkar for overnight stay. Also you can add Jodhpur on the itinerary as well.

Hope the above will helps you.

Regards,

Jitender

Go My Journey

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
279 posts
2. Re: Proposed Itinerary

Hello, Your itinerary is ok but if u take 1 night stay at pushker then its perfect and more comfortable for you.

Regards

Tarvinder Pal Singh

Explore India Day Tours

3. Re: Proposed Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2018, 20:50

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
249 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Proposed Itinerary

Hi Durhamlass

just wanted to ask you if you tried to drive byyouself in india sometime

i am very curious to try it but i cannot find any experience over the web about it from european or american turiost (i am a clever driver and i can drive in any type of traffic jjam!!:)

5. Re: Proposed Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2018, 20:50

Reply to: Proposed Itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted