We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Bangalore Rural...
5 posts
Save Topic
Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

The first time Alok Bhartia went off on a solo adventure overseas, it was scary as hell. Thailand is a beautiful country with a sizzling nightlife and the admirable Grand Palace. However, as the movie Hangover 2 puts it, it’s easy to get lost there. Travelling alone can be scary but it has its own perks. You get to open up more to the surroundings and explore a greater deal of options that you wouldn’t be able to, had you visited the place with your friends. Alok Bhartia suggests 5 reasons why travelling alone is best and how it shouldn’t pose a problem.

1.Solo travels make you confident and self-reliant

2.Hosts care for you

3.Travelling is easier when you’re alone

4.Making new friends

5.You’ll be more adaptable

45 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Sometimes I love to travel alone to enjoy my own company.

Bangalore District...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Earlier i am scared of travelling alone.But now I love to travel alone as there is no interference of anybody so I can enjoy myself the fullest.

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

For me travelling alone for guys is not much a problem in india. But for girls travelling alone is not safer in india. Its safer for them to travel in foreign developed countries.

Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

I did the same first solo trip...Thailand! It was awesome... i only take local transport, eat local food, etc so this was quite an experience! Next: India!

I agree with you how people take care of you if you are solo, and we are also more likely to open up a conversatiom with new people.

Nice motivational post by the way!

If you want to see some of my solo trip photos, please feel free to drop by Instagram!

Instagram: Graysdir Travels

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Madhav S - first of all, please call women - women or ladies, not girls. Thank you.

Secondly, you are incorrect about solo travelling and women in India. I have made 5 solo trips as a female traveller to India out of my 7 trips there. I was just fine. I was safe. I was never in danger. Please do not unnecessaryly scare women who want to travel to India into thinking it is somehow not safe.

By the way, I love travelling solo. It has empowered me greatly. I have travelled to many places solo, not just India. I recommend it to anyone.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,955 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Rightly said ... Jo.

There are numerous solo international lady tourists visiting India and enjoy their independent tours ..needless to say, safely return home.

CarLink

Edited: 18 May 2017, 21:55
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Thanks CarLink, I am really getting tired of this ongoing myth and outright lie that it is unsafe for solo females travellers in India. It is completely untrue and I am living proof of it! And believe me, I did not travel in a 5 star bubble on my own! I took buses, trains, local boat ferries tuk tuks etc and stayed in inexpensive places, I had such a wonderful time, Indian people are fantastic, warm, friendly welcoming and so helpful! There is NO reason for any woman that *wants* to travel solo to India not to!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,955 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

I am confident that our posts will instill confidence in the minds of international lady tourists planning to undertake solo trips to India.

India welcomes them.

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Modern women. Inquilab zindabad! Enjoy 🙌

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?

Hi,

There is no problem for solo female traveler in india i have lots of client form USA UK Australia FIJI Brazil and Mexico

Regards

Discovery Prime TOurs

Reply to: Alok Bhartia : Are You Scared Of Travelling Alone?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted