We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

game drives in different NP

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
game drives in different NP

Hello all,

I am going to Uganda in March and will be renting a car to get around. I have already arranged my gorilla and chimps tracking permits with the UWA but I was wondering if I need to arrange game drives and launch trips (in Murchison Falls NP and QENP) beforehand or can I just organise everything when I reach each park and pay at the visitor centre?

Many thanks

Camille

Kampala, Uganda
11 posts
1. Re: game drives in different NP

What u need to arrange are the permits.For launches and game drives, you can arrange them while on site.

You are welcome to Uganda.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,757 posts
445 reviews
2. Re: game drives in different NP

Activities in Murchison and QENP are theoretically bookable at the UWA's Ranger's Office at Paraa or Katanguru when you pay your Park entry fees. Of course you will have to take what is on offer and rank behind those who have pre-booked. You do not mention accommodation so I assume this is pre-booked.

Edited: 29 January 2016, 01:52
Fort Portal, Uganda
Level Contributor
613 posts
3. Re: game drives in different NP

Hi Camille

Thanks for chasing Uganda to be your tour destination.

In QENP, MFNP, LMNP, RMNP, all permits are paid and organised on arrival at park gate,

Launch trip 30$ is paid separately from park entry 40$,

The above park entry covers game drive, but excludes Ranger fees 20$

it will be sounding to hire a car with driver guide,

Enjoy your trip

Howard

Level Contributor
44 posts
4. Re: game drives in different NP

Make sure you know the times of the launch trips and the which boats you might want to use.

Make sure you have a well knowledgeable guide or driver with your vehicle and you are sure of a rescue service in case you break down. Of late most tour operators and their drivers/guides will stop to offer help to broken down private vehicles since they feel that you never wanted any help during booking.

Otherwise, since you have already arranged the permits i presume you already know the costs of other activities involved.

https://steadysafaris.com

Fort Portal, Uganda
Level Contributor
613 posts
5. Re: game drives in different NP

It is not true steady Safaris

TOUR guides are willingly ready to help other clients where need be .

Pliz !!!

Howard

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,757 posts
445 reviews
6. Re: game drives in different NP

I agree we always stop to help if we can.

I think Steady omitted the word "not" from his message anyway and wonder if their numerous posts are simply a means of putting their website up on this forum??

7. Re: game drives in different NP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2017, 10:46