We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gorilla Trekking

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
Gorilla Trekking

Hi

I'm looking into orgainsing some gorilla trekking in Uganda in Feb/March 2014. I've contacted a few safari companies as I've heard its hard to get permits when you are there. Is it best to buy before I fly out or is it possible/cheaper to book a tour when in Uganda?

Many Thanks

Dan

kampala
Level Contributor
123 posts
1. Re: Gorilla Trekking

Hello Dan,

You can buy a Gorilla permit before you fly ,but the best convenient way is to book a safari with a Tour operator in Uganda.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
514 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Gorilla Trekking

i do agree with Kakiga J

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Gorilla Trekking

Brilliant thank you, I will look into tour operators then.

Entebbe, Uganda
Level Contributor
132 posts
4. Re: Gorilla Trekking

Hi Danbaclay, you've chosen the a good month to come and track gorilla in Uganda, the Gorilla permit will be $350, it is possible to pay while here, 2-3 days before you track, it is usually a low season, though it's more formidable to use a tour company.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Gorilla Trekking

Best to use a tour operator to book your gorilla safari..they will help take care of gorilla permit accommodation, transport and meals as well

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Gorilla Trekking

Best to use a tour operator to book your gorilla safari..they will help take care of gorilla permit accommodation, transport and meals as well

Kampala
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: Gorilla Trekking

Discounted gorilla permits are for

-November 2013 at 350USD

-May and April 2014 NOT Feb/March and the price for these discounted gorilla permits is not yet known as UWA has not yet published the new tariffs.

With effect from January 2014, UWA will have new rates for park entry fees to Uganda national parks.

Kigali, Rwanda
Level Contributor
5 posts
8. Re: Gorilla Trekking

Book your permit in advance to avoid the inconvenience of missing out on a place. Although it's a low season month, some days can be full! and your day may be one of that.

9. Re: Gorilla Trekking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2013, 19:59
Entebbe, Uganda
Level Contributor
132 posts
10. Re: Gorilla Trekking

But not Gorilla Permits and the trend of promotional Permits will go on until the financial situation in Europe stabilizes. they are our biggest clients.

Edited: 27 August 2013, 15:36