We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gorilla Tours

dallas
8 posts
Gorilla Tours

Has anyone ever booked gorilla trekking in Uganda/Rwanda with Gorilla Tours out of Uganda?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
40,189 posts
474 reviews
1. Re: Gorilla Tours

I have not heard of them.

check them out with Ugandan Tourist board. They should be registered. If not beware.

Ask for two or three references from previous clients. If they do not provided these, move on!

dallas
8 posts
2. Re: Gorilla Tours

thanks so much for the information. i checked the official uganda tourism site and they are listed as a licensed tour operator, i will check references as well.

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
979 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Gorilla Tours

I have seen them recommended on Fodor's or Lonely Planet and considered using them for a gorilla trek in April. I ended up booking with Travelust--can't remember exactly why but I've been pleased so far.

Anchorage
Level Contributor
37 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: Gorilla Tours

I just returned from three weeks in Uganda and Rwanda. I used Kazinga Tours out of Uganda. They were great. Felix the owner helped me plan my entire trip which was customized. Just let them know what kind of accomodations you would like. That will determine some of the costs. They did everything they said they would and more. My guide was always on time to pick me up, all of the accomodations were wonderful and I had a great time seeing the gorillas and white water rafting in Jinja (not for the faint of heart). I would highly recommend going with Kazinga Tours and they are a member of the Uganda tour operators association. Kathy Day in Alaska

Belgium
3 posts
1 review
5. Re: Gorilla Tours

Hello,

You can try Mamaland Safaris from Uganda. 2 years ago we had the time of our life with Tony and "fisheater" Godwin! They even picked us up in Kigali and arranged the gorilla trekking in Rwanda (be on time, limited permits)! We continued our tour with them to Murchison Falls and Queen Elizabeth NP in Uganda. They offered the best rate and are very helpfull! Try out www.mamalandsafaris.com or mail tonywise2002@yahoo.com!

Enjoy it!

Webster Groves...
Level Contributor
260 posts
152 reviews
6. Re: Gorilla Tours

We used Gorilla Tours, based in Kampala, for our Ugandan trip in July, 2008. Everything was good. They own Traveller's Rest in Kisoro and Entebbe Airport Inn so you will probably be booked there if you use them.

The owners are a Dutch man who we were told was associated with the Olympic Volleyball team and his Ugandan wife, Virgo Septambwa.

We went gorilla trekking at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, golden monkey trekking, chimp trekking at Kyambura Gorge and in Kibale, Queen Elizabeth safari drives, Kazinga Channel Boat ride and Nile whitewater rafting.

While it may make those not accustomed to the practice of wiring cash in advance, we did so and everything was fine. In fact, because we added one of the chimp treks on our own and paid for it, they refunded us cash when we met with them at their home in Kampala.

This is a good company. I would recommend them. E-mail me if you have any other questions.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
4 posts
178 reviews
7. Re: Gorilla Tours

Last June we travel around Uganda with Gorilla Tours, and our experience can't be better.

While we were planning our trip, they gave us a lot of information. The itinerary we designed together was perfect, in order to make profit of every minute of our stay, with minimum dead time in hotels.

Our driver, Fred, knows very well the country and he provided everything we ask for. Also he solved efficiently few problems we had.

Even, at the end of our stay, they refund us some money for an excursion I didn't make because I didn't feel well, that I never would consider to ask for!

Definitively, I'm very happy about Gorilla Tours and I recommended them to everyone.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
40,189 posts
474 reviews
8. Re: Gorilla Tours

Nice to hear that you had a good trip and appreciate the feedback.

9. Re: Gorilla Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 11:48