We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soon to go, but the website is down?

2 posts
Soon to go, but the website is down?

Hi.

I'm about to travel to Uganda, however, the website where I need to apply for VISA is down? (http://www.immigration.go.ug/) Is there any other way to apply for visa, or should I hope that they will give me one in the entebbe airport?

Do anybody know when the website will be up again?

10 replies to this topic
Fort Portal, Uganda
Level Contributor
195 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Soon to go, but the website is down?

Come and pay on arrival easy and convinient

geneva
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Soon to go, but the website is down?

You don't need to hope, they WILL give it to you when you arrive in Entebbe.

2 posts
3. Re: Soon to go, but the website is down?

Okay, Thanks. I was just told that it hasn't been possible for a while, but I guess i'll just get it in the airport. Thanks for answer.

Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Soon to go, but the website is down?

Every thing I've read says you can no longer get the visa in Entebbe.

London, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
47 reviews
5. Re: Soon to go, but the website is down?

Sharon, axiti, where did you read that? I'm leaving in less than two weeks after reading all the time that you can obtain a visa on arrival and now I'm getting stressed!

geneva
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: Soon to go, but the website is down?

That is just NOT correct.You can still get the visa at the airport when you arrive! Please relax ...to put your mind at rest, call the local Ugandan consulate or mission or the embassy in the UK or the US, you will be told that it is still possible to get the visa in Entebbe.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 20:44
London, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
47 reviews
7. Re: Soon to go, but the website is down?

Ok thank you! I also asked my Ugandan guide because I was panicking. Also the immigration website still says that it is possible to get a tourist visa at every port of arrival.

London, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
47 reviews
8. Re: Soon to go, but the website is down?

I sent a message to the immigration office and they responded that to avoid any inconveniences I should apply online (not that there is time anyway, I'm leaving in 10 days). But they didn't say that it's not possible to get it on arrival. And their website says that it's still possible to get a tourist visa at every port of arrival. I don't know why it's so complicated. I hope they don't wake up one day and decide they don't give visas on arrival anymore...

toronto
2 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Soon to go, but the website is down?

Hello

I am in the same boat... I actually did apply for an e visa, but that was a week ago and my application is still "in progress". As part of the process, I had to scan a copy of my Yellow Fever vaccination. My yellow fever was done in 2002 and most countries, and authorities have accepted that Yellow Fever immunity (after one vaccination) is for life (rather than 10 years). I am hoping that Ugandan immigration got (and accepted) the memo, or I am stuck getting my visa on arrival and hope that I can explain to them that my vaccination is still valid.

Let us know how it all turned out!

London, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
47 reviews
10. Re: Soon to go, but the website is down?

That's the thing, I don't want to apply now and end up without an approved application and then have to ask for a visa on arrival anyway and pay double. They told me I have all the time to apply online but you applied last week and you don't have it yet, so...!

Reply to: Soon to go, but the website is down?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted