We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gorilla Trekking Solo

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Gorilla Trekking Solo

Hi

Has anyone here done a gorilla trek with a private tour but alone? Just wanted to check if it is still a fun activity to do alone?

Or if anyone is planning a a 5 days Gorilla/Chimp Trek trip on May 27-May 31. Will be nice if I can join or anyone would like to join? Please let me know?

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Kampala
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Gorilla Trekking Solo

Gollira trekking is an expensive activity and it's not easy to find a group to join But you can do a private tour to bwindi and there you will join other tourists and you do the trekking together.

If you need any sophisticated info you can send me an email at ndyabagyechris35@gmail.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Gorilla Trekking Solo

Ah ok, so even if you're going solo on the private tour there is highly likely that they will put you into a group?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
225 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Gorilla Trekking Solo

Hello,

Unless you are very lucky and no other tourists show up (highly unlikely), you'll be put in a group of 8 tourists, one guide, 1-2 rangers and porters if requested for.

The permits are often booked months in advance, so the limited permits (8 permits per gorilla family, per day) fill up quickly. There is no option to book a private trek.

Perhaps if you do the habituation experience, there might be fewer participants in your group.

Kampala
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Gorilla Trekking Solo

Yes... Each Gollira family is trekking by a a group of 8 tourists and they travel from different places.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,800 posts
445 reviews
5. Re: Gorilla Trekking Solo

I am not sure if you are wanting to trek alone or avoid going alone whilst on a solo private trip.

So to clarify the advice above in simple terms. You may arrive in Bwindi alone or in a group BUT you will certainly not be the only person on the actual morning trek. There will normally be 8 'guests' plus guide and porters etc.,

I doubt that even if you wished to ensure that you were the only "guest" by buying all 8 permits you would be allowed to actually trek with only guides and porter..

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Gorilla Trekking Solo

Amazing. Thanks everyone, I will go ahead and book this amazing trip!

If anyone have any tips, please let me know.

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Gorilla Trekking Solo

Sorry to clarify - yes, I want to avoid going alone whilst on a solo private trip.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,800 posts
445 reviews
8. Re: Gorilla Trekking Solo

That is guaranteed!

Reply to: Gorilla Trekking Solo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted