We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Confirmations/Reservation details

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
281 posts
62 reviews
Getting Confirmations/Reservation details

I'm booked with a respected tour operator and have paid a deposit (more than 50% of the total price).

Before I booked, email replies were usually within 24 hours.

2 weeks ago they sent me an email that I immediately queried, and followed up, and have yet to receive a reply.

I like to have confirmations/reservation# for all components of a trip (even when using an agent) and I am having trouble getting those.

Is it OK if I independently contact the individual providers (internal flights, accommodation, gorilla trek permits) to get confirmation and reservation details?

Or is that considered bad practice?

I've read elsewhere it may be a cultural thing - if the operator has all the confirmations and bookings made, they don't see the need to send all that through to the client.

I don't want to insult anyone, but I DO want confirmation and proof of all my bookings :)

Thanks

Fort Portal, Uganda
Level Contributor
613 posts
1. Re: Getting Confirmations/Reservation details

You said it is a respectable tour Operator , that means you deposited all your trust in them to plan your trip.

What i am worried of is communication between you two parties.

Why not ? It is your desire to know developments in your travel plan.

geneva
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Getting Confirmations/Reservation details

Call them first and see what they say....

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Getting Confirmations/Reservation details

Its always important for a client to receive details of bookings after a deposit has been made. You have a right tobreceive detaols ofyour tour including which part of Bwindi you are to trek the gorillas, confirmed accommodation and so on. So ypu are right to be curious,aak them for these details, its your money and therefore you are the boss in this case.

Good luck.

Daniel

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,753 posts
445 reviews
4. Re: Getting Confirmations/Reservation details

I agree. Whilst sometimes communications can slow down where it may be perceived that 'there is no urgency' it is only good manners to reply to queries.

If you wish to see written confirmations of bookings there is no reason why you should not get them. After all flight bookings have a ref number. There should be no need to contact the individual provider. Your TO should respond in a timely manner. Tell them that from me if you like!

Good luck. I am sure it will all work out for you in the end.

Chicago
Level Contributor
264 posts
148 reviews
5. Re: Getting Confirmations/Reservation details

It is your money and your trip contact who ever you want. I do on some of my trips .

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
281 posts
62 reviews
6. Re: Getting Confirmations/Reservation details

Thank you all for your advice.

I received a little reply this morning that all our activities are confirmed and that the details will be sent shortly. It appears perhaps that my contact may have not had access to a computer for an extended amount of time.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,753 posts
445 reviews
7. Re: Getting Confirmations/Reservation details

That sounds like very good news to me. The interweb can be both a blessing and a curse at times.

8. Re: Getting Confirmations/Reservation details

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2017, 10:47