We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niamey in November

Elkhart, IN USA
1 post
Niamey in November

Hi, I'm heading to Niger for my first trip to Africa and I was wondering if anyone out there has any advice or warnings or suggestions to help me stay out of trouble and maximize the experience. Thanks for reading this.

toronto
1 post
1. Re: Niamey in November

I am surprised you are going to Niger for your first trip to West Africa instead of Senegal or Ghana. I lived in Niamey for three years, it is one of the poorest countries in the world but the people are very friendly. There is a lot to do in a different sort of way. A country drive to visit t see giraffes, sun sets at the grand hotel, live music at the different down town dancing clubs, an unforgettable golf game, an afternoon chat with the Tuareg, sampling their sweet mint tea. This would be the things I would not to: photograph any standing structures such as ministries buildings, bridges and always ask people���s permission before taking their picture. I would not eat any thing out on the streets and would only drink things that are bottled with no ice, the beer is good, fanta and coke are available every ware. There are very good restaurants, surprised ?, but they tend to be rather expensive. Hepatitis B, aids and malaria are very, very common so take as many precautions as you can to avoid getting infected. The pharmacies have all kinds of products and you can pretty much find everything you need except they tend to be pricy. Be careful were you walk at night as there are dangerous areas and get a local guide to show you around, they tend to be reliable and helpful.

islamabad
1 post
2. Re: Niamey in November

Hi, i am also planning to go to Niger, Niamey for a job. What u suggests is it a safe place to live and all the basic necessities are available or not. I am waiting for your email. If possible if u can send me some scan photographs. my email is aftabkhattak@gmail.com

china
1 post
3. Re: Niamey in November

niamey is one of the beautiful city in africa , so don't worry. peaceful people, very friendly . there is nothing to doubt. if you need any info about this country

there is some website right here

www.tamtaminfo.com

www.ortn-niger.com

www.agadez-niger.com

www.guideniger.com

just to cite these.

take care

don't listnen to what people are saying about that country.

take care

China
1 post
4. Re: Niamey in November

I also heading for Niamey recently. Thanks for all of your message. Please contact with me by email geoffai@163.con if some of you are still in Niger . I like to make friends.

baltimore
1 post
5. Re: Niamey in November

hello,je m appel hama cartouche je suis ne et grandit a niamey precisement a GAMKALLE SEBANGUEY nigerien a cent pour cent et tres fiert de l etre je reside aux etats unis d AMERIC depuis fevrier 2003 et nous sommes aujours d huit janvier le 26 2008 APRES lecture DE TON EMAIL ET D AUTRES REPONSES SUITE A TON EMAIL VOILA CE QUE J AI A TE DIRE L HARMONIE TE LA COMPASSION C EST LE NOM DU NIGERIEN NOUS NE SOMMES PAS RICHES FINANCIEREMENT MAIS NOUS RICHES EN AMOUR du cote risque d etre infecte chez toi ici la ville de BALTIMORE etats units est al plus grande ville d infection de SIDA dans le monde entiers pour l insecurite la societe NIGERIENNE a besoint de ceux qui gagnent ou cherchent a gagner legitimement et honorablement leurs pains apres tout pour moi l aventure est la decouverte de differentes cultures bonne chance

6. Re: Niamey in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 02:50
Get answers to your questions about Niamey
Recent Conversations