We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ruacana - Oshikango - Divundu along Angola bordr - interest?

Max
Level Contributor
15 posts
Ruacana - Oshikango - Divundu along Angola bordr - interest?
Save

I plan to take a route along the border beyond Angola: Ruacana - Oshikango - Rundu - Divundu.

I plan to spend 2 days this trip.

Is there anything interesting and worth visiting? Is it better to drive as fast as possible and spend time on Caprivi strip?

Online booking do not have any accommodation on this route. Is it easy to find housing there on arrival?

3 replies to this topic
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
11 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Ruacana - Oshikango - Divundu along Angola bordr - interest?
Save

Nothing extremely interesting on this route, IMHO. Except for maybe Ruacana Falls, but they will probably be quite dry in this time of year. I don't think it is worth two days of your time, I would certainly speed up toward the Caprivi. Ruacana to Rondu (or even Divundu) can easily be done in one day, as most of this rute is an excelent straight tarred road. If you are starting at Epupa Falls though, then you will need to find an ovetnight place somewhere at or before Rundu. We've spend a night at Taranga Safari Lodge, some 30 km before Rundu, and I can only recommend it. We were camping, but they also offer rooms and chalets, with self catering, full board, and anything inbetween.

Our imprrssions from this stretch (we were traveling in the opposite direction): https://safaribug.wordpress.com/2019/09/12/zambia-namibia-2019-kaokoland/

Max
Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: Ruacana - Oshikango - Divundu along Angola bordr - interest?
Save

thanks for the detailed answer!

in your opinion section of the road Opuwo - Palmwag is passable for Toyota Corolla sedan?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
11 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Ruacana - Oshikango - Divundu along Angola bordr - interest?
Save

Yes, Opuwo to Palmwag is definitely doable in small sedan car, provided that you take it slowly and that it hasn't been severe rains recently.

Reply to: Ruacana - Oshikango - Divundu along Angola bordr - interest?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.