We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PCR test in Tsumeb, Grootfontein.

PCR test in Tsumeb, Grootfontein.
Save

II am looking for place in Tsumeb to do PCR test on Sunday afternoon, or on Monday morning in Tsumeb or Grootfontein. We are crossing Botswana border on Tuesday morning, so Friday lunch time test in Otjiwarongo will be too old. 72h will lapse on Monday lunch time. any solution?

1 reply
Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: PCR test in Tsumeb, Grootfontein.
Save

Pathcare are closed on weekends in Tsumeb.

Also if you take the test there Monday am, it can take up to 48hrs for the results, as they will only be sent to Windhoek on Monday evening for processing.

As I mentioned in other threads, for guests requiring testing over a weekend, I have been using OSH-Med.

They will come to you any day of the week, and results are back in 24hrs.

There is a fee of course for the service. The PCR test is ZAR 950, and they charge approximately ZAR 5 per km from Windhoek, return.

However, they are really reliable, and paying a bit more, but not interrupting your trip is worth it in my opinion.

The per km charge is only one fee, not per person. So if you are for example a family of 4, it might cost you double the price of the test at a clinic, but they come to the lodge at a convenient time for you.

Reply to: PCR test in Tsumeb, Grootfontein.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.