We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly Windhoek to Maun

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Fly Windhoek to Maun
Save

I am beginning to put together an outline for a Namibia - Botswana trip for the spring of 2023.

So this is very early planning while travel is difficult and different pre and post Covid, thus I accept there will be many changes.

Under normal circumstances is it possible to fly from Windhoek to Maun without going to JNB or CPT? Or have a long layover in another city?

When I search google.com/flights using May 2022 my only option is Airlink via JNB and 19+ hours.

Thank you ….

4 replies to this topic
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
11 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Fly Windhoek to Maun
Save

Ther's no direct flights from WDH to anywhere in Botswana.

Btw, this site is very handy to find flights to/from any airport: https://www.flightconnections.com/flights-from-windhoek-wdh

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
9 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: Fly Windhoek to Maun
Save

Air Namibia did used to fly that route....but they went into liquidation.

Your best option is via JNB with Airlink at the moment. Hopefully they may at some stage add a direct link, but maybe not.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Fly Windhoek to Maun
Save

Thanks, I’ll keep skirting this issue for the time being.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Fly Windhoek to Maun
Save

Thanks!

Reply to: Fly Windhoek to Maun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.