We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice places near Swakopmund?

Sweden
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Nice places near Swakopmund?

In oktober I stay five days in Swakopmund and apart from a day in cape cross, a tour to desert and a boat tour I still have two whole days that I couldn´t find any tours for just one person. I tried with Sandwich harbour tours and boatfishing/deep seafishing but but the can´t book anything for just one person and the don´t know if anyone else will join. Still want to go but in case its imposible I want to do something else.

So I ask if there i good places near (100 km) swakopmund to visit with a normal sedan car? I mean places with good birding, nice views or other natureexperienses and maybe something else.

2 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,843 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice places near Swakopmund?

Walvis Bay lagoon is a good birding spot, until the entrance to the salt factory. You could reach Spitzkoope by sedan car, and then walk/hike there.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,678 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice places near Swakopmund?

For birding then anyway down the coast from Swakpmund Salt Works, Swakop Esturary to Walvis Bay would fill in a day.

Reply to: Nice places near Swakopmund?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted