We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Namibia tour

wien
2 posts
Save Topic
Namibia tour

Hello,

I‘m in the middle of planning our first Namibia trip. From what I‘ve read so far one should book all the camping places as we‘ll be travelling over Christmas. I ‚ve made a route plan and planning to spend two nights in the following places. Ais Canyon—Aus—Ludritz—SossusvleiSolitaireKeetmanshoop—Kgalagadi— then back to South Africa, would anyone sujest spending longer anywhere? or maybe something special along this route.? Is it possible to camp privately? , obviously asking and paying (not free). Would be grateful for for any little help.

2 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,873 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Namibia tour

Kgalagadi for only 2 nights is a crime! Iwould skip both Aus and Luderitz, and Solitaire is just a gas station with bakery. That would give you needed extra 4 nights for Kgalagadi. The problem is, it is sur ly fully booked already. So maybe stick to your original plan, apart od Solitaire, of course.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,678 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Namibia tour

Why not Etosha? Why start and finish in RSA? Fly to Windhoek and see the country properly.

As xelas says I would skip nights in Luderitz, Aus, Solitaire, Keetmanshoop,

If you can get more nights in Kgalagadi do so.

Reply to: Namibia tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted