We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping

Hi

I'm coming to Mauritius next week with my wife for 7 days. Stopping at the Tamassa at belo Ombre.

I know she'll want to go out on a shopping trip sometime during our stay. As we both have not been to the island, can anyone give me some ideas or where best to go.

Thanks in advance.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,226 posts
1,640 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

If you want market shopping then head on to Port Louis. There is daily market/bazaar but beware of fake clothes. Also head on the Cauden Waterfront.

In Grand Baie there is nice shopping area called Sunset Boulevard.

There are regular street markets in Quatre Bornes. On Sunday and Thursday they have a clothes market.

As always be wary of counterfeit clothes.

A good place we like that sells nearly new/reject type clothes is Pridemark in Trianon and in the outskirts of Port Louis. Its popular with locals and if you are lucky you can pick up designer brands cheaply.

Flic en Flac
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

Hi,

You can go on shopping at the clothes market on Thursday and Sunday at Quatre-Bornes. You will have a huge variete of clothes at very good price. And you can find clothing brands at Factory shops in Floreal and Curepipe.

Joyce

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping

Thank you Joyce

4. Re: Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 13:46