We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belle Mare / East Coast Mid June, would you?

Serpentine...
Level Contributor
35 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Belle Mare / East Coast Mid June, would you?

Hi,

I understand the weather changes a bit from June onwards on the east coast...

We are staying June 17-26

I know the weather is unpredictable but would you stay anywhere East (in particular Belle Mare) area during this time if you were coming?

Or is it not worth the risk and opt for safer areas like north west

I like the look of Le Saint Geran, any experts comments?

Thanks Again

Edited: 16 April 2012, 16:25
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,986 posts
1,789 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belle Mare / East Coast Mid June, would you?

In mid June I would be happy to stay in the east coast. One of the reasons being that several hotels tend to have special offers on which are very tempting.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,452 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belle Mare / East Coast Mid June, would you?

Second Preston. Its July and August when it can get cooler some days because of the stengthening south easterly trade winds at that time.

Book St Geran if thats what you want - a lovely first class ,well established resort and Belle Mare is a first class beach. It even has a TA award as I think 6th/7th best beach in Africa.

Bronia :-)

newquay
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Belle Mare / East Coast Mid June, would you?

Hi

We are planning our honeymoon in the first two weeks of June next year (2013) and are looking at Long Beach, Belle Mare. I too am concerned about the trade winds, are they very strong or more like a breeze in June, also would be helpful to know what the weather in June was like this year (2012) if anyone knows.

Thanks!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,452 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belle Mare / East Coast Mid June, would you?

I was in Mauritius from May to June and through to late July with a two week gap back in the UK mid June, though I stay in the north.

Weather was pleasant and hot and not unusually windy at all.

It rained heavily and was windy the day I flew home June 5th and I recall that up to the Seychelles we flew through an out of season cyclone, but nothing else unusual.

I've stayed east in May at Belle Mare Plage and often visited for picnics in June and other times of the year and no problems with the wind at all.

Bronia :)

Edited: 11 November 2012, 22:53
5. Re: Belle Mare / East Coast Mid June, would you?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 15:45