We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare to Silver Beach hotel

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Taxi fare to Silver Beach hotel

Please how much can I reasonably expect to pay from the airport to the Silver Beach hotel by taxi. I have looked at some recommended firms but they all seem to be charging a minimum of £70 return. Is this the cheapest I can get? I do not want to take a bus but I am a budget traveller and any advice on getting a cheaper taxi transfer would be welcomed.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
162 posts
1. Re: Taxi fare to Silver Beach hotel

Hi cocosure,

Have you contacted Silver Beach direct to arrange a taxi? silverbeach@intnet.mu

We've done it this way before and never had a problem, can't remember how much it was though :( sorry, but I'm sure it was not as expensive as your prices.

FC

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
2. Re: Taxi fare to Silver Beach hotel

Thanks Flying Cornishman. I'll email the hotel. I wonder if anyone on the forum knows any cheap local taxi firms that might be more in the budget price range.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
46,067 posts
132 reviews
3. Re: Taxi fare to Silver Beach hotel

Did you try www.taxismauritius.com

Going by bus is feasible but you have to change buses in Port Louis and walk quite a distance to the other bus station which may be a problem if you have luggage. You could try negotiating a price at the taxi rank, but unfortunately taxis arent that cheap in Mauritius anyway.

Good Luck

Bronia

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
46,067 posts
132 reviews
4. Re: Taxi fare to Silver Beach hotel

The bus goes to Port Louis and as you are east this wouldn't be a feasible option anyway. Doable for hotels in the north and west. The east isn't well served at all by public transportation, sorry. Though the east cost is nearer to the airport as its a straight run up the east coast so taxi should be cheaper than say for a retrun to Grand Baie.

Bronia

mauritius
Level Contributor
127 posts
5. Re: Taxi fare to Silver Beach hotel

Sorry dont know of a local taxi company near to Silver Beach hotel, however a taxi from the airport should not be so expensive as it really is not that far away. It will probobly cost you R1000 each way.

UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
6. Re: Taxi fare to Silver Beach hotel

Thank you for all the advice. Will aim for 1000-1500 rupees each way.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
46,067 posts
132 reviews
7. Re: Taxi fare to Silver Beach hotel

Cocosure that sounds about right. The fare quoted is probably for the north coast hotels, and as we said Silver Beach is relatively close to Plaisance so should be a lot less. Good luck and have a lovely holiday.

Bronia :)

8. Re: Taxi fare to Silver Beach hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 20:46