We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birding guide in Mauritius

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
92 posts
144 reviews
Birding guide in Mauritius

We are a family of four visiting Mauritius in July2019 and will be staying for a week and avid bird photographers. We would like to hire a birding guide to photograph the endemics - need recommendations for a birding guide

thanks

Vidya

Edited: 19 June 2018, 00:26
5 replies to this topic
Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
6,469 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Birding guide in Mauritius

This is a tough one! I've had a look online and nothing is coming up - no doubt why you asked here. :-) Best bet would be to approach the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation and see if they can point you in the right direction.

mauritian-wildlife.org/application/index.php…

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
92 posts
144 reviews
2. Re: Birding guide in Mauritius

Thanks Dee - You are right - I could not find anything. All the tour companies come to Mauritius as part of a bigger Seychelles-Mauritius-Reunion-Rodrigues birding trips; they must be using someone local - I will start with the Wildlife organization. Thanks Vidya

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
6,469 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: Birding guide in Mauritius

If you have any success would you mind posting on here so that others can benefit? Thanks very much.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
4. Re: Birding guide in Mauritius

We’re going to Mauritius tonight. Not managed to find anybody yet so will try while we are there. If we have any success I will post on here

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
6,469 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: Birding guide in Mauritius

Thanks for the feedback. Chat to the concierge at your hotel and see if they can help you.

Have a wonderful holiday.

Reply to: Birding guide in Mauritius
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted