We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning solo female travel sep/Oct and 4x4 sharing

4 posts
Planning solo female travel sep/Oct and 4x4 sharing

Hi,

I'm planning my first solo trip from 16 September to 7 october.

I take a guide and I book a car for the first days for reach Ankify (and nosy be) with private transport.

I leave from Tana on 18 september, if someone want to share the way is welcome, I have 2 places in the car.

I will stay in nosy be until 25 September and here start my questions..

I want to reach Marojejy NP, I have read that the road from Ambilobe to Vohemar and Sambava is on bad conditions, and the suggest is to rent a 4x4 car..right?

Anybody want to do that road in that period?

I also want to now if my plan can be realistic..

Until 24 sep: Nosy be

25 sep: from Hellville to Ambilobe (or is better going to Diego Suarez for hire the car?

26 sep: Ambilobe to Sambava

27/ 28 sep: Marojejy

29 sep: Marojejy to Vohemar ( is possible to take taxi brousse in this direction?)

30 sep: Vohemar - Diego Suarez

1/ 5 oct: visiting the north, Les trois bales, mar d'emeraude and NP montagne d'ambre

6/7 oct: coming back to Tana ( I have read about malgasycar that do a premium class transport, any opinion?)

Thank you a lot in advance!

Alice

Other solution can be don't go to Marojejy and go from nosy be to Diego Suarez, visit the interesting point and after come back to Tana slowly by taxi brousse, visiting the West cost.

1 reply
Barcelona, Spain
6 posts
1 review
1. Re: Planning solo female travel sep/Oct and 4x4 sharing

Hi Alice,

I'm arriving to Tana on Sep 22nd and looking for this kind of sharing experience.

If you want to start your trip some days later, let me know.

Many thanks

Reply to: Planning solo female travel sep/Oct and 4x4 sharing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted