We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madagascar with 11 year old (june2019)

Pargas Finland
Level Contributor
4 posts
49 reviews
Madagascar with 11 year old (june2019)

Hi.

We are planning a trip to Madagscar next summer in june. Which part of Madagascar is the best to visit in june if you think about wheater? We would also like to know what to see whit a 11 year old girl - what skould we avoid and what should aim for?

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
22 posts
1. Re: Madagascar with 11 year old (june2019)

Hi,

It depends on what you want to do and how many days do you want to spend in Mada.

If it would be your first experience. I purpose you discovering:

- the East part of MAdagascar - passing by ANdasibe and its beautiful rainforest National park enriched of nature (endemic fauna and flora species), then Palmarium

- the West coast of Madagascar: Morondava (Baobab trees) and Tsingy de Bemaraha (amazing rock formation Parks)

For further information, please don't hesitate contacting us

Rgds,

T

Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
79 reviews
2. Re: Madagascar with 11 year old (june2019)

I recommend that the weather is cold in June, so, you might like to head to the warmer west coast. I would say that Andasibe is a must-see for an 11-year-old, to see the indri-indri.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Madagascar with 11 year old (june2019)

Would you recommend waiting until, say, August for warmer weather?

Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
79 reviews
4. Re: Madagascar with 11 year old (june2019)

My personal favourite times here are March April and September to November.

I find the winter months very cold in the highlands but I am spoilt coming from a tropical area. It's also about the wildlife. Madagascar is very busy in the winter months because it is European school holidays (so a lot of competition for rooms, cars, and to see things) but the animals are at their most sluggish and often hard to find. The warmer months are much better for wildlife viewing in general.

Haltwhistle, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Madagascar with 11 year old (june2019)

We have just returned from 2 weeks in Mada with our 10 year old son. We had a fantastic trip visiting Andsaribe for 3 nights, the Pangalanes Canal for 3 nights, then Il St Marie for a week. We were able to see lots of Lemurs and wildlife and whales on Il St Marie. Not too much travelling around and time for relaxation. Would recommend.

6. Re: Madagascar with 11 year old (june2019)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2018, 01:50

Reply to: Madagascar with 11 year old (june2019)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted