We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Area of Nosy Be

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
1 review
Which Area of Nosy Be

Hello.

My partner and I are spending a week on Nosy Be this October. However, we can't decide on an area to base ourselves. I've had a look on various forums to no avail.

We want a beautiful beach with the option of maybe some water Sports, but not too busy.

We'd like a bit of night life, bars and restaurants, but certainly not some 18 - 30 extravaganza. Local markets and places to explore during the day would be good.

Not sure about the availability of tours, but would like the option.

Any ideas of which area would suit our needs?

8 replies to this topic
Tallahassee, Florida
12 posts
1. Re: Which Area of Nosy Be

Hey,

Checking with Nosy Be Exposure may help you. Their website is still under maintenance but Facebookpage works well. https://web.facebook.com/NosyBeExposure/

Hope this helps

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
1 review
2. Re: Which Area of Nosy Be

Thanks. Will check it out.

Madagascar
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
79 reviews
3. Re: Which Area of Nosy Be

I would stay on the outskirts of Ambatoloaka. Choose a hotel at either end, a little walk away from the central area.

This is the main beach and the nightclub is here (not on the beach but in the village), there are lots of restaurants, but it is not like high-rise developed it is still a small Malagasy town. If you stay on the outskirts you will have the best of both worlds.

Water sports and excursions can be arranged by people right off the beach, or call Nosy Be Original http://nosybe-original.com/en/

In my opinion, anywhere else might be too quiet for you considering what you have said you want.

Glasgow, United...
4 posts
1 review
4. Re: Which Area of Nosy Be

Thanks very much for the info.

Lamu Island, Kenya
Level Contributor
553 posts
85 reviews
5. Re: Which Area of Nosy Be

Ambataloaka has a nice beach and great sunsets. I stayed at La Caravelle (5 min walking to the beach). Another beautiful place at the end of the beach is Chez Gerard et Francine or on the other side L'Heure Bleu. I didn't stay at these two places but they look beautiful.

Andilana Beach 18 Km north is a great beach. I stayed at Le Grand Bleu which is a beautiful place. But it's better to have own transport (scooter or rentes car).

Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
6. Re: Which Area of Nosy Be

Hi, which is the best place to stay in Ambatoloaka as I am hoping to travel there the end of September? Been looking at Villa's, hotels, but not really sure. Any advice or info provided greatly appreciated. Am looking to relax but also enjoy the nightlife on offer.

Cheers.

Mark

Manning, South...
Level Contributor
97 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: Which Area of Nosy Be

We stayed at le boucanier, 05 minutes walk from beach but very calm . We also spend a night at Belvedere hotels at Andilana for beach relax. We love both of them and would recommend

Tallahassee, Florida
12 posts
8. Re: Which Area of Nosy Be

Chez Eugnie at Andilana is also one of the best place to stay in Nosy Be but for those who want to experience Nosy Be by night, Go to Ambatoloaka

Reply to: Which Area of Nosy Be
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted